::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Well, there was a glitch in the process of my treatment today. The schedule is now set back by a week.

The t-cell genetic modification and replication process failed. It is usually 99% successful. I fell into to 1% that fails.

The harvested cells are broken into two batches after collection, and one half is frozen. The work to genetically modify the cells begins with the "fresh" half of the sample. They need to be able to create modified t-cells to a level of 18%. In my case, they could only achieve 11%. So, now they thaw the other half of the harvested cells, and try again.

I can't lie. This has been a big disappointment....

Well, there was a glitch in the process of my treatment today. The schedule is now set back by a week.

The t-cell genetic modification and replication process failed. It is usually 99% successful. I fell into to 1% that fails.

The harvested cells are broken into two batches after collection, and one half is frozen. The work to genetically modify the cells begins with the "fresh" half of the sample. They need to be able to create modified t-cells to a level of 18%. In my case, they could only achieve 11%. So, now they thaw the other half of the harvested cells, and try again.

In the meantime, I need to do yet another round of heavy duty steroids to keep me going until they get this done and I can get the t-cells back. I started those, and other IV treatments, today.

Unfortunately, this will not leave me in the best of shape for my daughter's visit. She arrives tomorrow. I'll just have to suck it up and do the best I can....

OK, now this bites the big one. Sorry Don. Keep your spirits up.

In the meantime, I need to do yet another round of heavy duty steroids to keep me going until they get this done and I can get the t-cells back. I started those, and other IV treatments, today.

Unfortunately, this will not leave me in the best of shape for my daughter's visit. She arrives tomorrow. I'll just have to suck it up and do the best I can....

I'm sure seeing your daughter will lift your spirits.

Keep plugging away Don. You've got this!!!

I'm sure seeing your daughter will lift your spirits.

Keep plugging away Don. You've got this!!!

I'm still in it to win it. I'll do whatever they tell me I need to do. It is getting old, though. I'm getting tired. I've lost almost 50 pounds. I could really use some signs of success pretty soon....

I'm still in it to win it. I'll do whatever they tell me I need to do. It is getting old, though. I'm getting tired. I've lost almost 50 pounds. I could really use some signs of success pretty soon....

I hear ya'

I went to UWC and One last trip to Hawaii thinking it was my last because I was just feeling worse and worse even though I lied about feeling okay. It wasn't until a few months after my heart ablation that I got a slight glimpse that I was on my way to feeling better again. That slight glimpse was everything for my attitude. Everything until then had been so negative. Even my defibrillator was implanted because it wasn't "if" I needed it, but "when."

Bleak outlooks suck and I feel like I understand your mindset a bit. Do whatever you need to do to vent your frustrations but then come back mentally fighting, stronger than ever. It's okay to feel deflated for a bit but not to the point of defeat. In it to win it!!!!!!!

No posts overnight? We're slipping.

We had to stay an extra night at the hotel in Tampa, due to yesterday's complications. I had to get extra treatment to help get me through the week delay.

We need to leave quite early this morning, as I'm scheduled for IV fluids at 8:15 at the smaller, local cancer clinic where my journey started. It's over an hour's drive, from here.

Then we'll go home and settle back in, awaiting my daughter's arrival late this afternoon....

Tough break Don.
PoHoMoJo that the other batch of T-Cells is productive!
Drag about more steroids, but hang in there!!!!
>>>>>~~~~~=÷=÷=÷=÷=÷>>>>>

Trying to sit and wait patiently while my wife loads all of our stuff, including my recliner, back into the truck. It's difficult for me not to be able to do this, or at least help. It's just not the way I'm wired. I feel bad for the burden I'm placing on her as my caregiver.

What a trouper. No complaints. No attitude. Nothing but loving care. She may be a PITA regarding ukulele and UU, but I'm sure she's the best thing that ever came into my life....

Trying to sit and wait patiently while my wife loads all of our stuff, including my recliner, back into the truck. It's difficult for me not to be able to do this, or at least help. It's just not the way I'm wired. I feel bad for the burden I'm placing on her as my caregiver.

What a trouper. No complaints. No attitude. Nothing but loving care. She may be a PITA regarding ukulele and UU, but I'm sure she's the best thing that ever came into my life....

Thank goodness for your partner/caregiver/advocate/wife. Life is doable/bearable when someone's got your back.

I'm at the local Lake Wales cancer clinic, for my infusion of IV fluids. They're not quite done opening up, yet, so I'm waiting and PoHoing.

Elaine took the opportunity to go to church while I'm here. She has not gotten to go, much, since I've been sick. I feel guilty about that, but she never mentions it, and never complains....

I'm at the local Lake Wales cancer clinic, for my infusion of IV fluids. They're not quite done opening up, yet, so I'm waiting and PoHoing.

Elaine took the opportunity to go to church while I'm here. She has not gotten to go, much, since I've been sick. I feel guilty about that, but she never mentions it, and never complains....

Elaine is your rock. Holding it all together. I’m so glad she is there for you Don.

Ok I was not so successful posting the link to Hanks songs. Here is the address:

https://www.classic-country-song-lyrics.com/hankwilliamssrlyrics.html

::rainbows, butterflys and unicorns::
Great post!!

Top Bottom