::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Our kids have work for 10 days in case of emergency sent home yesterday. Guess they got work to do

I would have to scrap a project we've put four weeks into.

Then I would have to come up with alternate assignments to replace what I already spent hour upon hour developing, which will take me hours and hours to do.

stupid virus

The CDC currently says there’s no proof of that.
From the CDC...
It is not yet known whether weather and temperature impact the spread of COVID-19. Some other viruses, like the common cold and flu, spread more during cold weather months but that does not mean it is impossible to become sick with these viruses during other months. At this time, it is not known whether the spread of COVID-19 will decrease when weather becomes warmer. There is much more to learn about the transmissibility, severity, and other features associated with COVID-19 and investigations are ongoing.

I would have to scrap a project we've put four weeks into.

Then I would have to come up with alternate assignments to replace what I already spent hour upon hour developing, which will take me hours and hours to do.

stupid virus

the teachers sent home yesterday packets of work for 10 days, said to use only if advised.....we were advised to use them today...kids go back March 30th gues this is our spring break!!!!

the teachers sent home yesterday packets of work for 10 days, said to use only if advised.....we were advised to use them today...kids go back March 30th gues this is our spring break!!!!

btw stopped at costco and it was like the end of the world. Canned goods aisle almost sold out....frozen foods ransacked....no chicken cutlets or ground turkey.....plenty of water....did not see tp...if I need some I am raiding Tammy!!

btw stopped at costco and it was like the end of the world. Canned goods aisle almost sold out....frozen foods ransacked....no chicken cutlets or ground turkey.....plenty of water....did not see tp...if I need some I am raiding Tammy!!

Not sure if I will be off or not but we might close the pub.....beer still needs to be brewed though.

Our Costco was kind of crazy, but the shelves weren’t cleared out. Me n the missus are working toward social distancing because of our age, RL Kid’s susceptibility due to TS-21, and her parents who are fragile. We’ve discussed the possibility of Mrs Pere living with her mother if necessary.

In other news, we’ve gotten the keys out of her hands and the cars sold. I’m going ahead with my face surgery tomorrow.

So Disneyland is closed until March 31.
I am supposed to be going to a wedding at Disneyland on April 5.

They cancelled the Formula One season opening race in Melbourne.

This is kinda nuts.

So I don't know if we are going to California or not.

I am hoping this is all just an overabundance of caution but I feel bad for my cousin (the bride-to-be).

So I don't know if we are going to California or not.

I am hoping this is all just an overabundance of caution but I feel bad for my cousin (the bride-to-be).

I think if it were me I’d just put everything off until next year. I really don’t think this is going to go away anytime soon. We’ve cancelled all sorts of events at the school we had planned. If the MLB, NBA, Live Nation, NHL, Disney Parks and other groups are postponing all of this, I think everyone needs to take this very serious and just hunker down and wash your hands. Life will return to normal eventually, but we all really need to listen to the CDC.

I was listening to a CDC doctor on the radio. She said unless you MUST get on a plane, don’t. Cancel all absolutely unnecessary travel by plane.

Unless this fog lifts, I’m not going to UWC. It breaks my heart but my health and the health of my friends and family, and the public is way more important. If I could drive there I would but that’s not going to happen.

Our Costco was kind of crazy, but the shelves weren’t cleared out. Me n the missus are working toward social distancing because of our age, RL Kid’s susceptibility due to TS-21, and her parents who are fragile. We’ve discussed the possibility of Mrs Pere living with her mother if necessary.

In other news, we’ve gotten the keys out of her hands and the cars sold. I’m going ahead with my face surgery tomorrow.

Get rid of the bad stuff.

Hoping for a speedy and painless recovery!

Going shopping tomorrow. Hope my store has toilet paper as I'm down to my last roll. This could be bad...very, very bad.

American ingenuity may have to triumph. Since the Sears catalog no longer exists...I may seriously be looking at other resources as a substitute. For instance, the junk mail i get everyday. Of course there's always the annual reports from my IRA accounts that come to me with some regularity. Can't decipher most of them, plus with the way the market is going lately...I might as well use them to wipe my bum. :)

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

It seems as though the world needs this more than ever.

I have a fear that we are headed into a global depression. Like 90 years ago. The economy may fall apart like a house of cards.
If a person has anything monetary, the banks are paying next to nothing and the stock market has lost 25% or more of it's value from it's high.

I heard last night that in Chicago there are 80,000 homeless people. I doubt Chicago is unique. How are these folks going to survive when the virus comes over for a visit?

Like I was saying, we need things to move towards a more positive outlook.

Just a thought.

Top Bottom