::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Went to Bishop Museum yesterday, they had a wonderful free event with lots of excellent music.
The Royal Hawaiian Band, some Hawaiian groups that were basically some of our friends in various combinations, and then Weldon Kekauoha, and then Josh Tatofi. What a great day!
Then we went to Canoe Hut and there was a birthday party going on there.
Today we were going to go to the beach but it is kind of grey, but still hot, outside.
I think we are going to see Captain Marvel soon.

We saw 'Us' that was pretty good!

Gray skies have a purpose. They make us appreciate the sun when it smiles upon us.

We are back into the sunny mode. I hope the rest of the day goes as well as the beginning.

Why are there two Ns in beginning?
just wondering?
Or is it wonderring?

We play Euchre every Monday evening, with a group of about 20 folks. Tonight is our annual potluck dinner. All the groups have parties or dinners at this time of year, just before all the snowbirds head home.

Elaine is making deviled eggs, which she does very well, and people always seem to enjoy. I'm making white chicken chili....

Brand and model?

The new one is a Java Presse - I think they only have one model. Here's a link to their website: https://www.javapresse.com/products/coffee-grinder

My old one was a Hario mini - it lasted for 6 years, so no problem with the quality there...it was just its time. The new one gets great reviews on Amazon and is cheap - even cheaper than the old one. My only wish - the old one was made of plastic and had a clear lid so I could see how many beans were left to grind. The new one is stainless steel. There's a window in the ground coffee compartment, but not in the bean chamber, so you just keep cranking and cranking...finishing is a surprise. I'm sure I'll get used to it, and the quality of the grind has been excellent.

Bright and sunny day here. I was just outside raking the front yard. Again.

We took the train from church downtown to Portland Saturday Market yesterday (they're open on Sunday, too!). It's pretty early in the season for them, so only about half the vendors were there. It was a nice day, though, and we had a great time. I gave Annie and Emma some money to give to the buskers at the market; Annie chose the silver man as one of her recipients (he's a human statue - sort of. He does some other things too - local fixture in downtown Portland). I love that when someone gives him some cash he breaks his pose and shakes their hand - I think Annie liked that too :)

It's fun playing tourist in your own home town sometimes.

We took the train from church downtown to Portland Saturday Market yesterday (they're open on Sunday, too!). It's pretty early in the season for them, so only about half the vendors were there. It was a nice day, though, and we had a great time. I gave Annie and Emma some money to give to the buskers at the market; Annie chose the silver man as one of her recipients (he's a human statue - sort of. He does some other things too - local fixture in downtown Portland). I love that when someone gives him some cash he breaks his pose and shakes their hand - I think Annie liked that too :)

It's fun playing tourist in your own home town sometimes.

We could tell the genuine tourists by the pink VooDoo doughnut boxes they were carrying. Locals don't usually buy VooDoo - there are better choices. Much better choices.

Morning kids!
I had a lovely weekend with my family. Saturday was my birthday and I did all sorts of fun stuff! Michael called me Saturday morning and we had a nice long chat. Mike took me to IKEA Saturday to do some shopping and we ate dinner there. It was yummy and I love IKEA. Saturday the girls and Luis took us out for a beautiful brunch and then the girls helped me redecorate my room at the spa where I work. It was a great weekend.

Morning kids!
I had a lovely weekend with my family. Saturday was my birthday and I did all sorts of fun stuff! Michael called me Saturday morning and we had a nice long chat. Mike took me to IKEA Saturday to do some shopping and we ate dinner there. It was yummy and I love IKEA. Saturday the girls and Luis took us out for a beautiful brunch and then the girls helped me redecorate my room at the spa where I work. It was a great weekend.

I wasn't online at all yesterday until late at night:

Happy Belated Birthday Sally!!

Unknown.jpg

"Julio" means "Sally" somewhere

Top Bottom