Page 2152 of 2317 FirstFirst ... 1152165220522102214221502151215221532154216222022252 ... LastLast
Results 21,511 to 21,520 of 23165

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    How's Bog Island?
    Just got home.
    We has a great time.
    Long enough to be a little break, short enough not to break the bank.
    Weather was mostly rainy and grey, bit we did get some beach time at the black sand beach.
    Nanilei slipped (because it was raining and her slippers basically became skates) and her ankle was bothering her afterwards so that scrapped the hike to the green sand beach.
    We did go explore where the recent lava happened.
    HOLY CRAP!
    Unreal.
    Just the sheer volume of what is remaining, the height and width of the now solidified river of lava is just staggering.
    Our adorable Airbnb was in Nanawale Estates, which is adjacent to Leilani Estates, where the fissure opened last year and swallowed up some 700 homes. We also went down and checked out the new black sand beach, at Isaac Hale Beach Park.
    That beach is now a 40 foot tall wall of lava bordering a park and cliffs at the shore, and where the boat ramp and jetty used to be is now a huge black sand beach.
    Pele did a lot of remodeling.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

So frustrated!
    Just went to upload some photos I took of the lava flow and there are none!
    I don't know why...
    Nani has some, I will have her forward them to me.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Just got home.
    We has a great time.
    Weather was mostly rainy and grey, bit we did get some beach time at the black sand beach.
    Nanilei slipped (because it was raining and her slippers basically became skates) and her ankle was bothering her afterwards so that scrapped the hike to the green sand beach.
    HOLY CRAP!
    Unreal.
    Just the sheer volume of what is remaining, the height and width of the now solidified river of lava is just staggering.
    Our adorable Airbnb was in Nanawale Estates, which is adjacent to Leilani Estates, where the fissure opened last year and swallowed up some 700 homes. We also went down and checked out the new black sand beach, at Isaac Hale Beach Park.
    That beach is now a 40 foot tall wall of lava bordering a park and cliffs at the shore, and where the boat ramp and jetty used to be is now a huge black sand beach.
    Chuck showed me a picture of Bonnie standing beneath one of those huge walls of lava. I can't imagine what it looked like IRL.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

good morning hos
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Fun! I hope you keep at it,, and "get" it....
    Trying! I honestly dont know how to regularly juggle but the cup tricks seem to sit well with my brain because they are like a puzzle. I will work on some basics this week.
    The club also includes flow and I have some fire poi I found on the top of buffalo mountain that I have fixed up. So I am looking forward to getting good enough to light them on fire.
    Also I work on my uke balancing at this event. So there is a lot of balancing arts as well which is super fun for me.
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    I've got an interview tomorrow for the Brown County Tourist Board. If I get hired, it's a 3 year position on a 13 member board.
    You would be a great voice for that!

I was on our local art center board, I was even the president for a year. But personally I am not cut out for it and the last meeting I had a full on panic attack and resigned afterwards (they had just elected a new president, BTW, so I was off the hook).

I am going to serve on committees. I am more of a do-things person rather than a meet-about-it person and I was getting super frustrated. Because sometimes I felt like we talked circles for 2 hours and we had a few elitest board members that would talk about "Floyd natives" as if they had more sway because they had lived there longer. I have been here 7ish years, I think I have a valid opinion. Haha.

But I think you will do GREAT on yours! I hope you get it because you are a totally different and unique voice!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Just got home.
    We has a great time.
    HOLY CRAP!
    Unreal.
    That sounds amazing to see. Crazy how powerful it is. What a neat trip. Not the actual tripping, but like... trip as in adventure!

Hi Hos
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

A very happy and healthy new day to all!
    Uke Players Do It With Four Strings.
    YouTube | Facebook
    ...I think life should be a musical... Tammy
    1:25367

Well, I think the interview went OK, but I'm not sure if it's for me. I want to start new events that bring tourists to the town. I was told that though they have done that in the past, their mission is more to support events and not create them.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Thread Information