::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

You've lived in the top two worst traffic areas in the US. You should make better choices next time :p

traffic sucks no matter what

My daily commute without traffic is about 12-15 minutes depending on lights when you aren't on the freeway.

In the morning when we leave on time the commute is about 20-25 minutes. For every minute late leaving that time increases exponentially. Leaving 5 minutes late means I sit in traffic on the freeway and my commute is about 35-40 minutes. If I leave 10 minutes late, I won't make it to class in time so I have to take side streets the whole way which is about a 30 minute commute in the mornings.

On the way home if I live at 4:00pm my commute is roughly 50-60 minutes on those same surface streets. About the same on the freeway but it feels like you're barely moving the entire time so I prefer the surface streets. After 4:15 or so, the freeway is no longer an option because it takes about 70-80 minutes to travel roughly 14 miles. The surface streets stay pretty consistent time-wise on the way home because I can take alternate routes if the main roads are backed up.

If you're trying to leave San Jose to go North or West on a Friday you're better off leaving at night. If you leave anytime after noon, you're going to take close to 90 minutes just to get out of the city limits. For a SoCal reference, it's like being on the 405 during commute.

The last time I checked LA, and Hawaii were rated worse than San Jose, but we're always consistently the top 3 in crap commutes.

What does global entry do for me?

Only useful if I travel out of the country right?

I think so? I was reading the TSA precheck site yesterday - it said you can't use the TSA precheck line at the airport with global entry or Nexus. I have loved having the precheck - and found out last night that I can take Annie through with me today. Sheryl and Emma have to slog through the regular...

traffic sucks no matter what

My daily commute without traffic is about 12-15 minutes depending on lights when you aren't on the freeway.

In the morning when we leave on time the commute is about 20-25 minutes. For every minute late leaving that time increases exponentially. Leaving 5 minutes late means I sit in traffic on the freeway and my commute is about 35-40 minutes. If I leave 10 minutes late, I won't make it to class in time so I have to take side streets the whole way which is about a 30 minute commute in the mornings.

On the way home if I live at 4:00pm my commute is roughly 50-60 minutes on those same surface streets. About the same on the freeway but it feels like you're barely moving the entire time so I prefer the surface streets. After 4:15 or so, the freeway is no longer an option because it takes about 70-80 minutes to travel roughly 14 miles. The surface streets stay pretty consistent time-wise on the way home because I can take alternate routes if the main roads are backed up.

If you're trying to leave San Jose to go North or West on a Friday you're better off leaving at night. If you leave anytime after noon, you're going to take close to 90 minutes just to get out of the city limits. For a SoCal reference, it's like being on the 405 during commute.

The last time I checked LA, and Hawaii were rated worse than San Jose, but we're always consistently the top 3 in crap commutes.

My morning commute when the traffic is bad is 8 minutes. When traffic is light it's 7.

Unless I'd working from my office at church that day. Then a bad commute is 75 minutes, a good one is 35.

I think so? I was reading the TSA precheck site yesterday - it said you can't use the TSA precheck line at the airport with global entry or Nexus. I have loved having the precheck - and found out last night that I can take Annie through with me today. Sheryl and Emma have to slog through the regular...

we just went through the process of getting passports so we could get James TSA pre-check. They stop letting them through with parents when they turn 13. So on the way to Hawaii this year, James could pre-check with us, but on the way back he would have to stand in line on his own.

We figured the passport would be better than getting him a state ID

My morning commute when the traffic is bad is 8 minutes. When traffic is light it's 7.

Unless I'd working from my office at church that day. Then a bad commute is 75 minutes, a good one is 35.

Commuting in traffic drains your soul.

So I was kind of semi-snoozing TheBus because traffic was so thick we were stationary for extended periods. Another passenger kicked my foot to let me know we had to get off and switch to another Bus.
I made it, I am in my seat now.
Phew!

I agree with you on using surface streets Gary. I always prefer to keep moving.

We have HOV-2 lanes that can be game changers if they go where you go.

I agree with you on using surface streets Gary. I always prefer to keep moving.

We have HOV-2 lanes that can be game changers if they go where you go.

I have James for carpool but honestly there are so many cars that carpool lanes only move a bit faster if at all, during rush hour.

Currently getting someone upset because I dared to say Prince was phenomenal on guitar.

He kept posting all of his pop stuff and calling it "girly". I posted this about 30 minutes ago and haven't heard back from him: https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

It started with him complaining about halftime shows. Beyonce, J-Lo etc. I said Prince was probably one of the greatest half time performances ever and that ruffled his masculinity feathers apparently.

I have James for carpool but honestly there are so many cars that carpool lanes only move a bit faster if at all, during rush hour.

I get a little nervous in the HOV lane when it’s moving at 10-over and the adjacent lane is moving at 30-under.

Currently getting someone upset because I dared to say Prince was phenomenal on guitar.

He kept posting all of his pop stuff and calling it "girly". I posted this about 30 minutes ago and haven't heard back from him: https://youtu.be/6SFNW5F8K9Y

It started with him complaining about halftime shows. Beyonce, J-Lo etc. I said Prince was probably one of the greatest half time performances ever and that ruffled his masculinity feathers apparently.
Yes, that is a great video that showcases his chops.
I saw Prince at Staples Center in 2004, it remains one of the best live performances I have seen.
He blew us all away, there was a huge band with horns and all that, but he also had this little couch and coffee table at one corner of the stage, and he went over there by himself and played a solo acoustic guitar set too, just great stuff.
When he was on the couch he also chatted with the audience, and it felt like you were just in his living room listening to him jam even though it was, well, Staples Center.

How do you deal with all the excitement?!

How you feeling today?

Boring is underrated.

Doing much better, I was in bed for a day and a half. I always think I'm invincible. A reality check was in order.

Boring is underrated.

Doing much better, I was in bed for a day and a half. I always think I'm invincible. A reality check was in order.

I rarely miss work for illness, I usually soldier on.
My company prefers we stay home, work remotely if we are able, don't get anyone else sick.

In mid-December Nanilei and I both caught something, we get our flu shots every year in Sep/Oct. I missed two or three days of work.
Then just last week, the weekend (1/18-1/19) I noticed a cough and runny nose again, Nanilei too, and while I went to work on Monday 1/20, by 2:00 I had had enough and went home. Tuesday I stayed in bed all day and slept most of that time. Stayed home Wednesday too.
Feeling fine now but had a little lingering cough up until yesterday.
More potent bugs?
Less potent immune system?
Who really knows...
I'm not in my 20's anymore though!

Top Bottom