::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It went smoothly except for one concussion and kicking out one parent.

He was yelling "AIRBALL" when an opposing team player shot an airball.

I went over to him and asked him to only encourage his own team and not to make negative comments directed at the other team. I pointed out that they were kids and as parents we are role models and should model good behavior. The refs don't have an agenda, and the kids are 11/12 years old.

He gave me a typical response for someone taunting 6th grade players.

"Make me."

Me: "Really?"

I tossed him out of the gym. I asked the refs to stop the game and not continue until the "gentleman" left the premises. As he was leaving he walked past me and said loudly "I'll be waiting for you outside."

Me, quietly so only the people on his kids team that convinced him to leave could hear: "Haven't you embarrassed yourself and your son enough without getting your ass kicked too?!"

My mouth forgets that my body is old and frail now.

Aside from tossing people from the bar, I've been in like one fistfight in my life.

I had drinks and pupus with Greenie44 and his fiancée Amy earlier.
Also met the Ukelites. That was fun!

DVR let me down today.
I still don't know who won the 500.

The last 20 or so laps were interesting. A wreck around the, 18 laps to go, put them in caution for a while.
Simon Pagenaud won. Alexander Rossi was battling with him to the end. If I remember right Rossi was in the lead when they went into the last caution mode.
If they had of finished there it would have been Rossi's.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

Sunshine this morning and some rain this afternoon.
I hope to get the grass mowed later this morning.

Dropped the cat's insulin vial yesterday. It shattered. The vet has called in a new Rx to a pharmacy other than our favorite. I have to go pick it up soon. Gonna cost a penny or two.

Dropped the cat's insulin vial yesterday. It shattered. The vet has called in a new Rx to a pharmacy other than our favorite. I have to go pick it up soon. Gonna cost a penny or two.

I just get lethargic and tired if I forget my shots.

Hope the kitty is okay.

correcting essay

this is a bummer way to spend my time

But still very thankful to those who sacrificed all, so I can complain about minor things in the comfort of my freedom.

My extended family has been very lucky in terms of sacrifice for our country.

Only 1 relative lost in Vietnam. My dad's cousin. All four of my relatives that served in the 442nd during WWII made it home.

We visited the local Viet Nam vets memorial today, as we often do on Memorial Day. The names of all 280 local vets who were KIA are listed, in the order they were killed. Each vet's high school, if local, is also listed, along with their branch of service.

I think our county did a stellar job with the design and building of this memorial. I don't say that lightly, or frequently, about things the county does. They got this one right....

Top Bottom