::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Got the AC in truck blasting. It's probably 40 in here. Why do they insist on pants for the drivers. It's gonna be 90 today and they want me to deliver paint in pants like this. So stupid.

Got the AC in truck blasting. It's probably 40 in here. Why do they insist on pants for the drivers. It's gonna be 90 today and they want me to deliver paint in pants like this. So stupid.

The hands job extended deadline till July 19th. Wtf. It was June 13th now middle of July.

That's on my list, maybe next week!

We saw Incredibles 2 yesterday afternoon - part 1 of my Father's Day events. It was a lot of fun.

After the movie we went for a walk around the lake in the neighborhood where I grew up. It has really improved since I was a kid - back then it was a park, but the lake was mostly just a catchment for storm drain run off. The parks department has put a lot of effort into improving the ecosystem around the lake - there are now areas that are off limits to people so the waterfowl can nest undisturbed and the vegetation can grow naturally. Anyway, about half way around the lake Sheryl said to me, "What do you think that guy is taking pictures of?" I looked up and there was an osprey sitting in the branches of a tree! We chatted with the photographer - he spends a lot of time at the lake and said there are at least three osprey living near the lake. He has seen them catch fish in the lake. NEVER when I was a child would that lake have supported an ecosystem that can allow apex predators like the osprey to survive and thrive. It made my heart happy!

We saw Incredibles 2 yesterday afternoon - part 1 of my Father's Day events. It was a lot of fun.

After the movie we went for a walk around the lake in the neighborhood where I grew up. It has really improved since I was a kid - back then it was a park, but the lake was mostly just a catchment for storm drain run off. The parks department has put a lot of effort into improving the ecosystem around the lake - there are now areas that are off limits to people so the waterfowl can nest undisturbed and the vegetation can grow naturally. Anyway, about half way around the lake Sheryl said to me, "What do you think that guy is taking pictures of?" I looked up and there was an osprey sitting in the branches of a tree! We chatted with the photographer - he spends a lot of time at the lake and said there are at least three osprey living near the lake. He has seen them catch fish in the lake. NEVER when I was a child would that lake have supported an ecosystem that can allow apex predators like the osprey to survive and thrive. It made my heart happy!

Here's a (bad) cell phone picture of the osprey:

BYRniET.jpg

R L Kid wants to go to church in Topeka this morning. Jolly morning hour drive to make him happy. It's kind of last chance before we move.

Is there something special about Topeka that he likes, or was this a whim?

We see lots of osprey at our apartment in Florida. There are special nesting platforms for them, like a telephone pole with half-sheet of plywood on top. We see them every day, nesting on the platforms and fishing in the lagoons.

We also see bald eagles there, regularly. The abundant wildlife is one of the things we like so much about the place....

Is there something special about Topeka that he likes, or was this a whim?

"Topeka church pipe organ"
He's gone there for youth activities and was hoping to see the bishop who isn't there anymore. Part of his Leaving Kansas bucket list.

At work today, I'm doing what they call "reclass". It's like a combination of physical inventory and the culling of parts with weak sales histories. The computer knows when we received each part, and when we last sold one, plus how many have been sold since the last reclass. Based on that, we must pull and ship back lots of parts, using a big computer print-out they provide.

Then, a few days after we send all that back, they'll send us a whole bunch of new part numbers that they expect to be better sellers. This will require moving all of our stock on our shelves to close the empty spaces from the parts we sent back, while working in all the new numbers we never had.

It's no fun, but at least it's air conditioned. The temp was 88 on my way to work this morning, before 9am....

Top Bottom