::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I think of it as "comfort food" pizza.

but it's gotten very pricey in the last few years especially for the quality

I think of it as Shakey's replacement. They use pre-cooked Italian sausage nuggets instead of the real stuff. Those nuggets look like kibble.

I had a copy of my birth certificate and the copy was stamped/embossed with the state seal or whatever proving authenticity (it's what they sent me) and they wouldn't take that. I think I told that story here while it was happening. I was at the DMV, texted Mika they weren't accepting my birth certificate, she texted back telling me to go to the county recorder because she requested a copy on line and then it was back to the DMV for my "Real" ID (that's what CA is calling it).

I remember the story.

Passport works for proof of birth/citizenship here and in Kansas.

The standards are set by the feds, leaving it to the states to harvest the info. I think Real ID will be required for air travel in 2020. If you are getting a Passport get the additional Passport Card too. It's only good for return from Mexico or Canada, but it also works for Real ID. I traveled on one of those last year when all I had was a cash register receipt for Kansas DL renewal.

Card required? You mean that piece of paper? The one that, when I got mine anyway, said it wasn't valid as ID?

Yep. There are a few alternatives for proof of SSN. But for someone with disabilities who doesn't work the only acceptable proof of SSN on the list that was available to RL Kid was the physical card.

I still have (and can put my hands on) my original SS Card issued in 1966.

The Oral History as I received it from my brother is that Shakeys and Round Table both had a common source: a beer and pizza joint in Belmont or San Carlos called Hambones. The two principals went their separate ways and started the two chains.

My brother and his posse hung out there. When it closed he bought the stained glass window saying "Hambones".

Round Table used an Olde English motif. I think Shakeys did too. Kind of tells you about the authenticity of the pizza when they shy away from Italy (or at least New York). I remember an ad for Round Table riffing on the Marine Corps saying, "Death Before Dishonor". "Death Before Dehydrated Vegetables".

In CAwe did these take and bake place called Jake's. You ordered a pizza and they would do everything g except bake it

A chain called Papa Murphy's does that now. Don't know how widespread, but we had it in California, Kansas, and here, so pretty big.

In CAwe did these take and bake place called Jake's. You ordered a pizza and they would do everything g except bake it

When we get pizza it's usually take and bake. Which is...well, it's an easy dinner.

When I was a kid there was a take and bake place - Vito's - near my high school. We'd go up there at lunch when they'd sell slices cheap. Their pizza was remarkably good - even without a dedicated pizza oven it was a treat. I miss Vito's.

A chain called Papa Murphy's does that now. Don't know how widespread, but we had it in California, Kansas, and here, so pretty big.

That's where we usually go. Their standard crust is REALLY meh - porous and spongy. Sheryl and the kids like their pan crust and I like their thin crust.

My dilemma is solved. My sister died on Saturday. I need no sympathy. Hopefully she will receive her long-needed peace.

My dilemma is solved. My sister died on Saturday. I need no sympathy. Hopefully she will receive her long-needed peace.

Is there a good way to pass from this existence?
Any burdens of this life get passed to the ones that remain.

The rest of us are sitting in the lobby, waiting for our number to be called. Does anyone want to play cards, or have a song to sing?

Hopefully, someone will notice we are no longer here, and think some kind thoughts, when it's our turn.

Just a thought, or two.

So I have the green light for moderate exercise (walking, biking nothing too strenuous) but now my knee is jacked up and I can't.

old age ain't for sissies!

Unbelievable.....so years ago when my dad passed he had a motorcycle....well my BIL just posted his new bike this weekend he got a little while ago. So I asked my mom where's dad's bike. She said he still has it and will use it whenever like you can ride 2 motorcycles.....she said that when my dad passed she asked me about it and I told her the kids were to little and I couldn't take it. I said I never heard that.....she said oh yeah you were first....no recollection of that at all. So now I said well he better not sell it or five it away I want it....she said when he's ready I can have it. Whenever that will be.

Time to look into motorcycle license so I can say well I got this so why not cycle so I can road test on it.....

Unbelievable.....so years ago when my dad passed he had a motorcycle....well my BIL just posted his new bike this weekend he got a little while ago. So I asked my mom where's dad's bike. She said he still has it and will use it whenever like you can ride 2 motorcycles.....she said that when my dad passed she asked me about it and I told her the kids were to little and I couldn't take it. I said I never heard that.....she said oh yeah you were first....no recollection of that at all. So now I said well he better not sell it or five it away I want it....she said when he's ready I can have it. Whenever that will be.

Time to look into motorcycle license so I can say well I got this so why not cycle so I can road test on it.....

My family is totally whackked out!!!

Top Bottom