::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Oh, the clouds unexpectedly rolled in and it even rained a little.
No beach.
We are going to see Aquaman in a couple of hours.

I have seen (driven past) a hotrod/muscle car Meetup here, and I have heard they have hot import nights (slammed Civics and 240s) but have never been.
There is also supposedly an underground drift/street racing gang, one of whom is going to trial for critically injuring a triathlete while she was training on the road he was illegally drifting on, but other than that I have not seen or heard anything about them.

I would like to do that someday.
I miss going to the "cars and coffee" meetups in Southern California.

It's nearly overwhelming. It was fun to start outside at the lowest value tent and then take them in order as the groupings gradually increased in value. In the big tent the cars are almost too pretty. Saw plenty of ooh-ahh, but nothing that had me wishing I could buy. I was with two guys my age. As we strolled the rows of cars random stories would pop up about cars our families had owned, the rich kids drove at school, our own first cars, &c. Extreme male bonding.

For the most part we enjoyed Aquaman.
Some cheesy camp, but otherwise entertaining.
I am sure I will watch the next installment.

Every now and then I see a small eggshell (or half an eggshell) in the back yard and think, "awww, a baby bird just hatched."
Well this morning while walking to TheBusStop I saw a mynah bird eating a raw egg of the same size.
Well that ruins that.

Every now and then I see a small eggshell (or half an eggshell) in the back yard and think, "awww, a baby bird just hatched."
Well this morning while walking to TheBusStop I saw a mynah bird eating a raw egg of the same size.
Well that ruins that.

It's a jungle out there.

Then just a bit after that I was looking at this military truck drive by and BLAM! its driver-side rear tire EXPLODED.
It was literally a blowout.
I don't think I have ever witnessed that before.

Then just a bit after that I was looking at this military truck drive by and BLAM! its driver-side rear tire EXPLODED.

Man! You see all the good stuff.

I saw a truck tire blow out in front of me. The guy almost crashed. It was an amazing save.

I was hitch-hiking my way out west once and a semi blew a tire. the smoking tire flew right over my head, probably would have killed me if it hit me.

I was just walking to our copy room and all of a sudden a girl screamed. A pigeon had fallen out of the sky near the table she was sitting at. When I looked over, a peregrine falcon landed and was trying to pick it up. He managed to grab it and fly onto the roof of the walkway. I guess the pigeon was only stunned because it was able to break free and fly away in poof of feathers.

I saw a peregrine falcon take out a pigeon at San Jose State once. That pigeon wasn't so lucky. There's a family of them that lives downtown in SJ. Every year they have a camera that broadcasts a live feed of the nest when it's around hatching time. I have yet to see one hatch live.

Top Bottom