::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Well, off topic, I'm rearranging my kitchen and I seem to have more crock pot shells than liners. How does that even happen?

I love this.

How did it go with TSA?

Surprisingly easy. Had to go through x-ray instead of metal detector, got a pat down and pretty thorough explosive swabbing but that was it. I think having TSA precheck helped a little bit. The lines were nonexistent.

Well the trend right now seems to be UWCX. :) Which IF I KNEW GARY WAS COMING I WOULD HAVE DRIVEN THE FOUR HOURS EACH WAY.

Awww that's sweet. I really didn't decide until about 2.5 weeks ago. Mika always books me a room at the Brown County Inn every year and we usually just cancel it. This time I played hooky on Friday and went for it since my school schedule is going to shift back to ending the first week of June from now on. It was now or wait until retirement.

And I always said I would just show up on the field unannounced. It was pretty fun seeing the looks on people's faces. Like I said earlier, Rob was the best. Recognition, Confusion, Confirmation. Sally was going to tell me about my double that was on the field. :)

I've been on the thread long enough to recognize many, many people at UWC. That was fun.

And you couldn't ask to meet a better guy than Mike Hater.

Awww that's sweet. I really didn't decide until about 2.5 weeks ago. Mika always books me a room at the Brown County Inn every year and we usually just cancel it. This time I played hooky on Friday and went for it since my school schedule is going to shift back to ending the first week of June from now on. It was now or wait until retirement.

And I always said I would just show up on the field unannounced. It was pretty fun seeing the looks on people's faces. Like I said earlier, Rob was the best. Recognition, Confusion, Confirmation. Sally was going to tell me about my double that was on the field. :)

I've been on the thread long enough to recognize many, many people at UWC. That was fun.

And you couldn't ask to meet a better guy than Mike Hater.

All flights paid for on bonus points from American Express so that made it better too.

I really want to try this - Kite Surfing.
You use a large kite to pull you through the water like water skiing. Looks super fun!

X53Hiqs.jpg

no0cTbe.jpg

I see kite surfers sometimes on the Oregon coast. Of course, the water is 30+ degrees colder than yours so they wear wetsuits. WAY fun to watch them.

Ian Shaw was the kid singing Africa. Robin Tesch (aka The Baron) was our tattooed Ambassador from Sweden. The big ship on his chest is pretty cool, it makes him look like a whaler from the 1700's

Ian Shaw is a great example of one of the young folks we've been able to watch growing up on the field. Last year, at UWC 9, I spoke with his mom and she said that he wanted to come to the field so much that they delayed their family vacation one day so he could be there. Now that's dedication! A talented young man.

Top Bottom