::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I was browsing through Shirley's health insurance claims on the company's web page. One place shows them not paying for a routine blood work. " You owe $1700+ ". I can't imagine why they would not pay for a routine blood draw. I think mine, during the same period, cost me $12? It looks like phone calls are in my future.

Today doesn't feel like a Friday to me, yet. I went in to work for a few hours yesterday, so the manager could go to his doctor's appointment. Now my perception of the day of the week is all off....

Today doesn't feel like a Friday to me, yet. I went in to work for a few hours yesterday, so the manager could go to his doctor's appointment. Now my perception of the day of the week is all off....

Altered states.

I was browsing through Shirley's health insurance claims on the company's web page. One place shows them not paying for a routine blood work. " You owe $1700+ ". I can't imagine why they would not pay for a routine blood draw. I think mine, during the same period, cost me $12? It looks like phone calls are in my future.

I have a $25 copay on bloodwork-- which surprisingly, with insurance company discounts, means that my insurance company almost never pays for bloodwork. I've been getting 2 blood draws a week (down from every day) because I'm on blood thinners. The charge for the work is like $87 and then they apply the insurance company discount and it goes down to $3.49.

The amounts they charge for lab tests is as obscene as the prices on medications.

Today is Emma's last day of elementary school. Our district goes through 6th grade in elementary. She's freaking out a little bit - end of the school year, last day at the school she knows so well, the prospect of close contact with her sister all summer, moving on to a new school...it's a short day; I hope she can make it through without ugly crying (for her sake). Save the ugly cry for home.

Top Bottom