::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

So grey and hot and muggy today.
We went to Target to return some clothes - two shirts for Nanilei and some jeans for me. All three items unworn with tags still on. Too big for us now (yay!).
We did not have the receipt, but since we were planning on getting sizes that fit we figured store credit ok.
Nope.
No return or exchange without a receipt.
Since when?
Weird.

Weird indeed. I could go to my local target with the merchandise smashed and broken and dragging on the floor behind me, and they would take it back. I would think the tags would be sufficient to prove it came from their inventory; you might have to accept the lowest sale price since you bought it, since you can't prove what you paid..

Movie was fun!

We saw Christopher Robin over the weekend; it was a hot mess. Too deep and dreary for kids, too silly for adults. I saw a lot of smaller kids acting up because they were bored. Still, Winnie the Pooh was a big part of my childhood, so there was a lot of pleasure in seeing the characters come to life. And Brad Garrett playing Eeyore was good for some real laughs.

Weird indeed. I could go to my local target with the merchandise smashed and broken and dragging on the floor behind me, and they would take it back. I would think the tags would be sufficient to prove it came from their inventory; you might have to accept the lowest sale price since you bought it, since you can't prove what you paid..

Many stores are requiring receipts now, to protect against folks trying to return shop-lifted merchandise for cash....

Many stores are requiring receipts now, to protect against folks trying to return shop-lifted merchandise for cash....

I get it, and I usually have a receipt, but I do remember recently (I think right before Xmas) I bought a gift for Nanilei's sister, then learned she already had one, so went to go exchange it for something else. I thought I still had the receipt, but I apparently tossed it.
I got full credit, no questions asked, and was able to purchase another gift.

Unless you paid for it with a card. Then you do have a record.

We saw Christopher Robin over the weekend; it was a hot mess. Too deep and dreary for kids, too silly for adults. I saw a lot of smaller kids acting up because they were bored. Still, Winnie the Pooh was a big part of my childhood, so there was a lot of pleasure in seeing the characters come to life. And Brad Garrett playing Eeyore was good for some real laughs.

I’ve read other reviews that said the same. That’s too bad, I was kinda looking forward to it.

Unless you paid for it with a card. Then you do have a record.

The Target Lady did run my card, but said it was not on there.
Either too much time elapsed, or I paid cash.
Either one is possible. Still thought I would at least get store credit, even if only for lowest sale price like Rich said

You have no idea the lengths people will go to to shoplift. My daughter tells me the most incredible stories.

There’s a guy who Nordstrom has records going back to 2011. He buys expensive shoes at other stores. He then goes into Nordstrom’s Rack and switches tags with much more expensive shoes. He then tries to return them. Many times they comply.When they challenge him (because the tags don’t match the numbers on the shoes) he pitches an absolute fit claiming all sorts of reasons. His claims are outrageous.They usually give in to avoid a lawsuit.
He is so well known security at all the Southern ca stores know him on sight. But there is absolutely nothing they can do about it.

This is just one guy. There are thousands of people like him. My daughter deals with assholes like this everyday.

And you’d be horrified at what people leave in dressing rooms. It’s not uncommon to find poop, vomit, and used sanitary supplies in them. Dogs and kids peeing in the aisles of the store. My Daughter is a manager and she has to clean up the messes.

One time she was cleaning up what she assumed was dog piss left behind in an aisle and this dad walked up and stood there watching her. She asked if she could help him with something and he said, “no. That was my sons pee.” No apology, no offer to help, nothing, he just stood there watching her. And then she saw the kid running around the store with wet pants.

People are pigs.

They have shoplifters everyday. There are cameras everywhere, you are always being watched. They are blantent and bold. Even if security catches them the best they can hope for is the get the merchandise back but that rarely happens. Once out the door (even with a guard) they can only be confronted to a point. Most times they get away.

Recently a couple stole some stuff. When they were confronted outside the guy pulled a knife on the security guy. He is trained to back off immediately. Those people were caught and arrested but only because of the knife. Idiots went to jail over $100 worth of merchandise.

They have shoplifters everyday. There are cameras everywhere, you are always being watched. They are blantent and bold. Even if security catches them the best they can hope for is the get the merchandise back but that rarely happens. Once out the door (even with a guard) they can only be confronted to a point. Most times they get away.

Recently a couple stole some stuff. When they were confronted outside the guy pulled a knife on the security guy. He is trained to back off immediately. Those people were caught and arrested but only because of the knife. Idiots went to jail over $100 worth of merchandise.

I was at a stoplight yesterday and this homeless lady was yelling that she was being robbed.

There was a guy trying to grab back his amazon box that she just took from his porch. Another guy walking his dog yelled "give him his box back lady" and like a little kid caught lying she did. Sometimes you see the weirdest stuff.

Top Bottom