::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Word processing, data bases, or anything else, really. The Chromebook was meant to be a Web machine, I think. Cloud storage vs hard drive space, etc....

Google Docs takes care of most of that I believe.

Smoke from the west coast wildfires has reached our area. The skies are hazy, and the weatherman says it's smoke at 20-30K feet....

Any chance a new battery might help? Just a shot in the dark....

Well this morning this computer wouldn't run, so after a couple of tries I removed the battery and plugged it in to the wall socket. It's running? We'll see. Maybe the battery can screw it up even while it's plugged in? Right now no battery at all.

I can tell it's tough for you to have to take it easy. Patience, grasshopper. You'll be back up and around, soon, and feeling better than ever, I hope.

If this is the price you pay for getting well, then I think it'll be worth it in the end....

If Don ever has to "take it easy", he'll go stark raving mad.

I don't know. I use it stationary plugged in.

So here's the stages a laptop battery goes thru:

1) it's good. it stores energy and releases it on demand.
2) it's struggling. it only passes the energy from the plug to the brain. you're tethered.
3) it's dead. so dead that it can't even pass the energy.

Buy a new battery, see what happens.

Me? Not so much. I've learned how to take it easy after so many surgeries and broken bones.

Now, Kenvin, on the other hand, would be in trouble! I don't see him taking it easy very well....

Hey I had a 3 day work week then went camping for 2 nights!! It was kinda relaxing.....now I got another concert tonight. Alkaline Trio!! The bands Friday night didn't disappoint the headliner I knew 1 song but they were good

So here's the stages a laptop battery goes thru:

1) it's good. it stores energy and releases it on demand.
2) it's struggling. it only passes the energy from the plug to the brain. you're tethered.
3) it's dead. so dead that it can't even pass the energy.

Buy a new battery, see what happens.

The laptop is 7 or 8 years old.

I have a Macbook from the last hard drive generation. Battery seems to be at stage 3. I don't need it and I don't want to spend $100+ on a new battery. But I can't just say goodbye to it. #wishywashy

With portable devices, I'm NOTORIOUS for wrecking the charging ports. Every device I have right now has to be set "just so" in order to charge.

I think it's adorable when we old people talk tech. So quaint, and filled with such high hopes of longevity.

That’s a dinosaur in the computer world.

Yes exactly. But if I could replace the battery and get another year out of it I would. It has software on it that I like, but won't run on a newer operating system.

I can tell it's tough for you to have to take it easy. Patience, grasshopper. You'll be back up and around, soon, and feeling better than ever, I hope.

If this is the price you pay for getting well, then I think it'll be worth it in the end....

I thought I'd have no problem sitting around a week or two on doctor's orders.

But yeah, you're right. I got things to do!

Now if I had a huge honeydew list I could probably sit around and watch TV indefinitely.

I thought I'd have no problem sitting around a week or two on doctor's orders.

But yeah, you're right. I got things to do!

Now if I had a huge honeydew list I could probably sit around and watch TV indefinitely.

Well, you could play your ukulele. No need to raise your arm past 90° for that.

Top Bottom