::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Just discovered that cornmeal really doesn't change its form when made into corn bread. Flour gets gelatinous and changes form.

I dropped a pice of cornbread into a bowl of water and now there are grains of cornmeal sitting on the bottom like I spilled corn meal directly into the bowl. I guess it just suspends in the flour and egg?

Just discovered that cornmeal really doesn't change its form when made into corn bread. Flour gets gelatinous and changes form.

I dropped a pice of cornbread into a bowl of water and now there are grains of cornmeal sitting on the bottom like I spilled corn meal directly into the bowl. I guess it just suspends in the flour and egg?

I love corn bread, the grittier the better.

But cornmeal isn't ground as fine as flour. There is corn flour - does it change form, I wonder?

I have a program I have to use at work to retrieve my administrator password (that's for my almost-God account). The password changes every night at midnight so every morning I have to get a new one. Sometimes when I attempt to log into the system I'm greeted with this message: "An unexpected error occurred. Click here to return to the home page."

My question - has anybody ever built software that had expected errors?

I have a program I have to use at work to retrieve my administrator password (that's for my almost-God account). The password changes every night at midnight so every morning I have to get a new one. Sometimes when I attempt to log into the system I'm greeted with this message: "An unexpected error occurred. Click here to return to the home page."

McAfee anti-virus?

When I was a kid I preferred the steamed bun but now I like the baked ones better.

I think it depends on the filling.
Traditional Char Siu I like steamed. Some of the sweeter fillings I do like baked, like custard, ooooh or curry chicken...

But cornmeal isn't ground as fine as flour. There is corn flour - does it change form, I wonder?

I don't know.

It still wouldn't have the same properties. Wheat has some proteins that are specific to wheat and what it can do, gluten for example.

I don't have to cook this year!

Usually I'm in my classroom at 4:00am cooking our thanksgiving dinner. Right now I have all my prep done for a huge sashimi platter. Well, not HUGE, but I'll have salmon, albacore, hamachi and tuna.

And I even spent time sharpening my knives on an oil stone. Now they're as sharp as I like them.

Yes, they call it an "upgrade path" so you think it's all okay.

Or as one of my students put it. We hired the guys with guns to wipe out our rival tribe and then had a feast to celebrate the complete genocide of our adversary day.

So not the lesson I learned as a little kid. That's why we watched Charlie Brown: The Mayflower yesterday. We had a good discussion after watching.

Revisionist historians. They are evil.

I'm having a hell of a time finding a plumber that'll even give me a date of when they might be able to come to my house.

When you live in a bunker you gotta learn to do these things yourself. I hate plumbing, but now I do it better than most of the plumbers we've hired. Same with drywall repair, electrical wiring, and a few other things.

We had a plumber install some new sinks for us because I had never mounted an undermount sink before and didn't want to blow out the channels in the granite. They couldn't get the drain fixture installed without it leaking. I had them come back several times and it always leaked. Last time they came they smeared silicone caulk all over the underside of the sink around the drain fixture as a fix.

I tore the whole thing apart, cleaned it to remove all the silicone residue, went out and bought a drain assembly that was $15 more expensive, installed it, no leaks.

The old saying of "Garbage in, garbage out" still applies. When you use garbage grade products you get garbage results.

We'll be installing a couple new chandeliers in the bunker this weekend. I know we'll do it better than the electricians will.

... note to self, find out which breaker turns off those lights...

... second note to self... find breaker box..

I have a kitchen sink to unclog.

I'm pretty sure the p-trap is gunned up because if it were lower in the pipes my bathroom sink would back up too. They share the same line to the main.

I have a kitchen sink to unclog.

I'm pretty sure the p-trap is gunned up because if it were lower in the pipes my bathroom sink would back up too. They share the same line to the main.

Pour a boat load of Dawn dish detergent down the drain and let it sit for a few hours. Then rinse with hot water.

Dawn breaks down oils, soap scum, etc. and allows any solids stuck by that stuff to then move along.

If you repeat this once a week it helps clean out the rest of the pipe.

Top Bottom