::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

If my dumb butt can do it. You can too. Just not so many Big Macs and Chick-fill-A Deluxes.

We do CFA once a week, at most, except when we're traveling. Then we hit it as often as we can.

I've stopped ordering the waffle fries, and have a side salad, instead. I've stopped ordering milk shakes, because the peach shakes are a limited time deal. I don't think my chicken strips meal is too bad, once a week.

McD's is a different story. If it weren't so fast, convenient, cheap and accessible, I'd be better off. It has become like comfort food....

https://download.cnet.com/windows/calorieking/3260-20_4-113439-1.html

You don't need a nutritionist, just track what you eat and you'll be able to eliminate some of the bad stuff on your own. This is the link to CalorieKing. I downloaded the free diet manager and the food search. It's very easy to use. The "manager" isn't as robust on your phone so I just write it down in my notes on the phone or just remember what I ate and logged it in later. Today, I know what I'm eating for lunch already so I logged that in ahead of time. Try it for a couple weeks to see what you think. Free.

If my dumb butt can do it. You can too. Just not so many Big Macs and Chick-fill-A Deluxes.

Thanks for the info and the link. I should try, but I'm lazy (and self-indulgent). Maybe I'll do better in Florida. I always have in the past....

I was told to do the Mediterranean diet to make good chloesterol go up.....I love me bread and fried foods though.

He also said since slightly anemic I should get checked and also eat more red meats....does this conflict with Mediterranean diet? I thought that was a low carb high in fish diet....

He also said since slightly anemic I should get checked and also eat more red meats....does this conflict with Mediterranean diet? I thought that was a low carb high in fish diet....

Time to Google it I guess.....other news some lady decided to rear end me as I was making deliveries today

Time to Google it I guess.....other news some lady decided to rear end me as I was making deliveries today

I'm working myself ragged at work, today. We just got in dozens of pairs of disc brake rotors; newer, more current part numbers to replace the older, obsolete numbers we sent back last week.

Now the entire section of rotors has to be re-shelved, to close the gaps left by old numbers, and make room for the new ones. They have to be stored in correct numerical order, or we won't be able to find them when we need them.

Rotors can be very heavy, depending on the application, and I need to essentially move every rotor we have. I'm tired and sore. Once I finish this project I'm going to take it easy for the rest of the day. I've earned it....

Bend with your knees not your back.

At one time I was severely aneimic and had to go in for iron transfusions every month for over a year. I researched the hell outta how to ingest more iron. Beef heart is the very highest iron content meat on the market. Much higher than even liver, and it tastes much better. Almost zero fat too. Most butcher shops can order it for you. I had them slice it into small steaks and I’d season it and grill it. Grill it slowly and leave a touch of pink. You can marinate it too. It’s tasty. Nothing like liver.

Whole Foods not processed.

Oils like Olive Oil, avocado oil instead of butter

Whole grains and lots of legumes

Cut back on red meat and consume more fish

Lots of spices and herbs instead of salt.

Pretty much a "heart-healthy" way of living.

At one time I was severely aneimic and had to go in for iron transfusions every month for over a year. I researched the hell outta how to ingest more iron. Beef heart is the very highest iron content meat on the market. Much higher than even liver, and it tastes much better. Almost zero fat too. Most butcher shops can order it for you. I had them slice it into small steaks and I’d season it and grill it. Grill it slowly and leave a touch of pink. You can marinate it too. It’s tasty. Nothing like liver.

I think I would have our local smoke house make me some beef sticks using heart.

Don.

Quarter Pounder
530 Calories
27g of fat (13g saturated fat)
1,090 mg of sodium.

Regular Fries
340 Calories
16g fat
230mg sodium

Large Diet Coke
30mg
0 fat