::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Yep, it’s that time of the day again.

Cousins Cooter and Bufford asked if they could come over to the bunker for breakfast. I said no. They decided it would be fun to surprise me anyhow. Gratefully between the two of them they are about four cents shy of a clue, and so couldn’t find the bunker. That outhouse I keep on a portion of the neighbor’s back 40 has been worth its weight in gold.

So what can be so bad about breafast with the Cousins? Well you remember that Possum in a Can meal around Thanksgiving? Breakfast isn’t much better.

No matter how many times I tell them “throw some grits on the barbie” isn’t a real thing, they ignore me and keep trying. It just doesn’t work.

For a long time I have been convinced that the Cousins were the original writers for The Three Stooges. You can see Curly throwing grits on a barbie. Of course that would make Bufford and Cooter, like 1,000 years old... but that might explain a few other things about them too.

Have you seen the mess “throw some grits on the barbie” makes? It ain’t pretty.

Now coming over for some pancakes, bacon and eggs, and toast with apple butter, that would be good. Just don’t let the Cousins supply the bacon. I’ll give you a hint... there is a reason there is no such thing as possum bacon.

You see awhile back they noticed that turkey bacon was making headway as a healthy alternative. They decided that they wanted to create an economic empire and become tycoons. They figured there was room enough for three bacons. And after going to the public library and reading every economics and business book they could get their hands on, they developed a business plan.

It was surprisingly logical, but none the less misguided.

They knew they had to start with a good supply of low cost meat as the source of their bacon if they were going to be able to pocket large profits.

That’s where the plan went off the rails.

They reasoned that if meat was from animals, and that you killed the animals to get the meat... then why spend the money on raising and feeding live animals only to... you get the point.

Then as they were driving down the road one day they saw a dead possum along the side of the road, and the 2 watt light bulb went off.

Yep, they figured they could make twice the money if they got the county contract for clearing roadkill, and then used the roadkill as a source for their bacon.

This is why you never let them provide the bacon.

Oh, and they say good morning to you all.

Last edited:
The income level for the zip code was too high. That 97034 and 97035 area sorta skews things.

Like Trader Joe's (and some other companies) not moving into an area unless the per capita house hold income is above a certain level. Funny how they are near that 97034 and 97035 area...

Well...the Beaverton one was in the 97005 ZIP code, which is nothing at all like 97034/5 - that's for sure!

You know, it does make SOME sense. Roadkill meat is already flat, and the tire marks would approximate a bacon-y look.

You know, it does make SOME sense. Roadkill meat is already flat, and the tire marks would approximate a bacon-y look.

Oregon just enacted a law allowing road kill deer to be kept for meat. I have a feeling if Bufford and Cooter lived here they'd be attaching sights to the front of the pickup.

Oregon just enacted a law allowing road kill deer to be kept for meat. I have a feeling if Bufford and Cooter lived here they'd be attaching sights to the front of the pickup.

That would be useful around here against certain drivers and occasionally, pedestrians.

Oh, and scooters. Lot's of scooters.

That would be useful around here against certain drivers and occasionally, pedestrians.

Oh, and scooters. Lot's of scooters.

Scooters have been cited as a good source for zinc and other trace elements in your diet.

The Cousins would be all over that!!

So the state of Oregon must be facing economic issues and figured, "Why hire people to pickup roadkill when you can just tell all those Hipsters and YUCies that it's free food!"

FYI YUCie stands for "Young Urban Creative". They folks that pushed out the Hipsters.

I told you that it had some logic behind it, in a weird Bufford and Cooter sort of way...

Sort of like how Frank and Donald Thomas created (and patented) the "flame broiler" in the 1950s and opened the "Burger Chef and Jeff" burger joints.

Nah, not really like that at all. That was a good idea. Possum bacon is just... well, gross.

I do a guided meditation every night for Annie when she goes to bed - sometimes I use a winter storm as the setting.

Well it's no wonder you have to do a guided meditation if you use the winter storm as the setting. The poor child would get lost!

Sorta like in Season 3 Episode 11 of "Little House on the Prairie" when the kids are dismissed from school because of "flurries", but it turns into a blizzard, and lots of the kids don't make it home! And Pa and the other men have to form search parties to go out and get them.

Sorta like that, but only with meditation. And guides.

Well it's no wonder you have to do a guided meditation if you use the winter storm as the setting. The poor child would get lost!

Sorta like in Season 3 Episode 11 of "Little House on the Prairie" when the kids are dismissed from school because of "flurries", but it turns into a blizzard, and lots of the kids don't make it home! And Pa and the other men have to form search parties to go out and get them.

Sorta like that, but only with meditation. And guides.
That's one of my favorite parts of the LHOTP books. Never saw the series.

At least I got the home insurance figured out, somewhat. Since we're renting out the cabin we have to switch to a different insurer for that.

The amounts are crazy to me. My house is worth like 170 on the market. Whey do I need 350 in coverage? Why do I need 250 in coverage for possessions? I don't own a quarter of a million dollars in possessions.

I kind of go back and forth on "should I get rid of my motorcycle?" and "should I buy another motorcycle?" "Should I get rid of my snowmobile?" and "should I buy another snowmobile?"

I think I'm leaning towards buy another of each. That way it's a team sport.

But then it's, "should I get a motorcycle with a bigger engine?" Because... yes, yes I should. LOL

I test drove an Indian but didn't care for it. Maybe just upgrading within the Rebel line.

I keep looking at dog carriers for the bike. He's an awkward in-between size for what's out there. And a sidecar costs as much as a whole bike.

But then it's, "should I get a motorcycle with a bigger engine?" Because... yes, yes I should. LOL

I test drove an Indian but didn't care for it. Maybe just upgrading within the Rebel line.

But maybe keeping it small is good. You can get a 250cc Rebel like I have for like 2 grand and they live forever. Super reliable bikes. Once you start upgrading it's easy to blow a lot of money.

I kind of go back and forth on "should I get rid of my motorcycle?" and "should I buy another motorcycle?" "Should I get rid of my snowmobile?" and "should I buy another snowmobile?"

I think I'm leaning towards buy another of each. That way it's a team sport.

Put spiked ice tires on the motorcycle and ride it in the snow?

Or wheels on the front of the snowmobile?

Top Bottom