::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

IAloha kakahiaka!
Pouring rain right now.
I think I will work from home today.

It's the little victories.

I have completely unpacked and put away 2 boxes of clothing and correctly placed 1 item in the pantry. I'm still missing most of my grooming stuff. If I don't find my beard trimmer soon I'm going to look like Papa Hemmingway.

Mrs Pere has high control needs. I unpacked several boxes of her crap in order to find about half a box of my stuff. Placed it all on a table for her to deal with. She complains that there's no rhyme or reason to the way I've put it on the table. I counter that there's no reason to have every freebie organizer tote from every cosmetic line she's used in the last 25 years. BTW, the products are still inside the totes are unused.

But I'm married to the woman I love who loves me. I live in a beautiful house in Phoenix which will become a home. I'm the luckiest man alive.

(With a list of chores longer than my arm.)

When I work from home, the room with my PC has no A/C so it can get uncomfortable.
At least the morning rain helped with that.
I can use my laptop in the master bedroom and get relief, but the smaller screen can be a drag.
And it is tough to make calls with Nanilei watching TV.

All my stuff that I got from my mom's house when she died is still sitting in boxes.
Thats totally okay. Take your time, one day you will want to go through it. Until that day those boxes aren’t hurting anyone.

We’re in another high heat warning period. I can’t imagine how hot it is in Phoenix.

Only 111°. I expected 115°. That said, I sure didn't like being out in it. RL Kid came with me to Home Depot. He's a slow walker at the best of times. The heat didn't speed him up any.

Retirement is finally starting to sink in. As I was watching RL Kid eat his Subway sandwich I realized I wasn't in any hurry for him to finish so I could get on with things. It was a subtle but terribly foreign feeling.

Top Bottom