Page 1780 of 1878 FirstFirst ... 78012801680173017701778177917801781178217901830 ... LastLast
Results 17,791 to 17,800 of 18771

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    Yes.
    Kawaipunahele, Maunaleo.
    The guitarist at our wedding played Maunaleo.
    I play Hanohano Ka Lei Pikake on the boat.
    I also play Ipo Lei Momi sometimes.
    I had Maunaleo in my head all day.
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

Quote Originally Posted by Ukulelerob View Post
    On Google maps I saw about 15 places in Rochester, NY near the lake on the north, 390 east side, 590 west side, 252 on the south side boxed in area.

Now what it cost to charge, I have no idea.
    I live in the land of Tesla. We have charging stations all over the place. The gold standard for charging stations are the ones that have "quick charging."

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by gyosh View Post
    I've had a kid do a research project stating that the carbon foot print of a battery powered car (resources to make the battery and disposal) creates a bigger foot print than a gas engine car.
    Bet he was a Republican.
    UWC; only those who have not been can rationalize not going.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    There may be a growing network of recharging stations, but not here. Not yet.

I can't even think of one place, locally. I'd have to be able to be sure I could get the car home before it ran out of charge, and then be stuck there as long as it took to recharge it....
    Of course, one of the keys to electric cars is that you can install a charging station at home.
    1:99
    The PoHo Store

We've got a ukulele cool that can't be faked. -hoosierhiver
    ...if being a good person was easy no one would be a dick. -skitzic
    I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    There may be a growing network of recharging stations, but not here. Not yet.

I can't even think of one place, locally. I'd have to be able to be sure I could get the car home before it ran out of charge, and then be stuck there as long as it took to recharge it....
    And I just did a quick Google search of the Rochester, NY, area for charging stations - came up with 30+ without even scrolling the map. I know you're not right in Rochester, though...
    The PoHo Store

I have no issues with bluntness, but being an asshat is not being blunt, it's just being an asshat. -austin1

I've had a kid do a research project stating that the carbon foot print of a battery powered car (resources to make the battery and disposal) creates a bigger foot print than a gas engine car.
    The carbon footprint is highly variable depending on how your utility generates its electricity. In my area, where the majority of the electricity comes from hydro power, the carbon footprint is quite low. In areas that use coal for the majority of their generation it will be quite a bit higher. No study I've seen (that wasn't conducted by a high school kid) has ever shown electric cars to have a larger carbon footprint than internal combustion engines - not even close.
    The PoHo Store

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    The carbon footprint is highly variable depending on how your utility generates its electricity. In my area, where the majority of the electricity comes from hydro power, the carbon footprint is quite low. In areas that use coal for the majority of their generation it will be quite a bit higher. No study I've seen (that wasn't conducted by a high school kid) has ever shown electric cars to have a larger carbon footprint than internal combustion engines - not even close.
    This kid just did a study on the Prius and specifically the battery manufacturing and disposal. He was bummed. His research was contrary to what he thought it would be. From what I remember the mining process for the chemicals in the battery, the manufacturing process and it's damage to the earth when disposed were more damaging than a gas powered car over the lifetime of the cars. He set out to prove that electric cars need to replace fossil fuel cars.

Passionately Untalented

This kid just did a study on the Prius and specifically the battery manufacturing and disposal. He was bummed. His research was contrary to what he thought it would be. From what I remember the mining process for the chemicals in the battery, the manufacturing process and it's damage to the earth when disposed were more damaging than a gas powered car over the lifetime of the cars. He set out to prove that electric cars need to replace fossil fuel cars.
    Oh - now environmental impact is a different argument! Lithium (used in the batteries) only has a couple of really good sources, from what I've heard, and obtaining it is pretty rough on the environment from which it comes. There's a dry lake in Chile that's basically flooded, the brine allowed to concentrate, and then stripped away.
    The PoHo Store

Quote Originally Posted by bbycrts View Post
    Oh - now environmental impact is a different argument! Lithium (used in the batteries) only has a couple of really good sources, from what I've heard, and obtaining it is pretty rough on the environment from which it comes. There's a dry lake in Chile that's basically flooded, the brine allowed to concentrate, and then stripped away.
    Maybe environmental impact was what he was measuring. It was for an FBLA project and I just helped him with proofread his paper. It stands out in my mind because of how bummed he was about his findings.

Passionately Untalented

Maybe environmental impact was what he was measuring. It was for an FBLA project and I just helped him with proofread his paper. It stands out in my mind because of how bummed he was about his findings.

I really good at proofread too.

Passionately Untalented

Thread Information