::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It's nice to have some catchup to wake up to! I can remember when it was pages and pages, and staying caught up was a challenge....

The doctor prescribed a new pill to help with the sleeplessness I experience with all these steroids. It has proven to be at least partially helpful, for which I am thankful.
I have two more days of this steroid cycle to complete, today and Saturday.. I'd like to think that I'll never need them again, after this time....

I got the van loaded with yard waste and aluminum cans ready to go to recycle at 9 am.

Yesterday Shirley found many things to do in the yard which lasted 'til about 2:30 pm. A lot of it had been put off for a while. It's been about a year and a half since she could do the things that she wanted to do outside. Her left hip is working pretty well. Not as perfect as when she was twenty, but far better that a year and a half ago.
Now the weak link is her right knee. Nowhere near as bad as the hip, but it will be next on the repair list. Hopefully a while yet before that comes into play. The recovery from the operation is tiresome and stretched out for months.

The doctor prescribed a new pill to help with the sleeplessness I experience with all these steroids. It has proven to be at least partially helpful, for which I am thankful.
I have two more days of this steroid cycle to complete, today and Saturday.. I'd like to think that I'll never need them again, after this time....

Here’s hoping

Best PoHo news in a long time! Where's the job? Doing what?

This too is a smile post.
What’s he doing?

The job is listed as an electrician. He’ll be servicing the motors on Swing Stages. The weird thing is I worked for the same company back in the late 80’s, I was a salesman. Back then there was 5 employees, now there’s 70. I didn’t even know they were still in business.

Nah, we’re you?

My school was scheduled for a power outage but it never happened. Their excuse was wind but there isn't any. I think it's a ploy for when they jack up rates 400%. "If you want safer power we need to rebuild the infrastructure and that will cost money." Which really means "we need to recuperate the 11 billion we lost in lawsuits to appease our shareholders."

Gary, that’s wonderful you’ve found happiness in teaching again. Isn’t it amazing how our health can affect everything?

Really amazing. And you don't even know it's happening while it's happening. I thought I was just tired all the time because I was older. Sometimes I wonder how I'd feel if my heart was at 100% normal.

And you're exactly right. I've found joy in teaching again.

Top Bottom