::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

My grandson started Monday at a job. His stuff didn't work out as well as his sisters.
It's a long journey, that's life, we never quite know where the road will lead us. He just past mile marker 10.

We will have to see how it goes, aside from summer landscaping, this is his first real job. He will continue with electrical engineering in the fall, not sure if he will keep the job at that point or not. Cummins is a big employer in the region and I'm hoping this leads to an engineer job in the future. Not crazy about him working nights, but I did it for years, got to start somewhere. It was kind of nice not having to tell him to go to bed last night.

We will have to see how it goes, aside from summer landscaping, this is his first real job. He will continue with electrical engineering in the fall, not sure if he will keep the job at that point or not. Cummins is a big employer in the region and I'm hoping this leads to an engineer job in the future. Not crazy about him working nights, but I did it for years, got to start somewhere. It was kind of nice not having to tell him to go to bed last night.

Perfect job for a night owl.

Perfect job for a night owl.

I used to work 4pm-midnight.
I loved it.
I lived on the Beach in Newport.
Never had to set my alarm.
I could do grocery shopping at night when I got off work with no one in the store.
If I needed to go to the dentist, doctor, run errands, I could "get up early" and do it during the day.
Thursday nights I had extra processing and computer backups to do, so would often not gett off work until 4-6 am, so I did not have to work on Fridays.
Every weekend was a three day weekend.
I had a great tan :D

Do you think it would be a good idea to open a twitter, IG and FB site for my classroom?

I can post our projects and other things to kind of promote the class.

Do you think it would be a good idea to open a twitter, IG and FB site for my classroom?

I can post our projects and other things to kind of promote the class.

Nah. Just do Myspace. Isn't that what the kids are into these days?

Nah. Just do Myspace. Isn't that what the kids are into these days?

That's my way of saying I don't know. Is this for your new "adulting" class or for all your classes in general? Will the students use it do you think? This won't be directly relevant due to the difference in age and educational level, but in my cohort in school we put together a FB page to use to keep in touch, share class experiences, support each other with assignments and all that stuff. There are 27 people in my cohort and probably 10 regular participants who use the group. For those who use it it's very valuable - but it can't be considered the central source since so many people just don't interact with all the social media stuff...

That's my way of saying I don't know. Is this for your new "adulting" class or for all your classes in general? Will the students use it do you think? This won't be directly relevant due to the difference in age and educational level, but in my cohort in school we put together a FB page to use to keep in touch, share class experiences, support each other with assignments and all that stuff. There are 27 people in my cohort and probably 10 regular participants who use the group. For those who use it it's very valuable - but it can't be considered the central source since so many people just don't interact with all the social media stuff...

No it's for my regular culinary classes. My "living skills" units will be part of culinary. I'm just thinking it would be an easy way for kids that are interested to show some pride in the class and also to sort of "advertise" what we do and what we learn. I have a sneaking suspicion that the current administration is trying to do away with as many vocational classes as they can get away with. In the last ten years we've lost woodshed, metalshop, autoshop and a couple more have been cut back like photography and a few art classes.

I kind of want to "build my brand" and build up my program so they can't shut it down. Not that big of a deal really, I can always go to a neighbor school and take over their program. They have a much better facility and much more interest.

I think that’s a great idea Gary. They could post pics of their successful projects in class. They could invite their folks and families to comment.

At my school we have two FB pages. One is a business page that only we can post stuff on and the other is more casual where the student can post too. It works well.

A very happy and healthy new day to all!

We have blue skies and sunshine this morning.
Chance of rain every day for the foreseeable future I guess?
Everything is getting quite green.

My daughter has a trailer in a recreation park about 90 miles east of here, just south of Sturgis MI. The storms came through there last night. Trees down no power. It's a bad start for their Memorial weekend. But they are Ok just in the dark. They went out with a deck building project, No electricity kinda messed that up.

Ugh, got a call from Matt this morning, after his night shift he sat in the parking lot and played video games on his phone for 2 hours and drained the car battery. I had to drive 20 miles to go jump start him. Not pleased, 19 going on 13.

Top Bottom