::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Went to Tuba christmas today. Yup a bunch of tubas gathered at Kimmel center in the lobby and played Christmas music. Thought it wouldnt be so good but tubas playing all the classics was pretty cool!!!

thought I would possibly see Rich there....but didnt.....

I get the desire for smaller portions. It used to be that a kids menu was bland and simple food rather than smaller portions of adult food. Maybe that varies depending the area, but around here a kids menu is still things like cheese sandwich, hot dog, fish sticks, etc.

That's why I wrote "nicer" place.

No as nice places have the standard mac n cheese, chicken tenders, grilled cheese sandwich or mini burger

If I can manage to get my ass out of the house today, maybe I’ll pick up stuff to make Korean bone broth.

How does that differ?

I had two smoked turkey legs. I sliced most of the meat off and used it for other things. I cleavered both bones in half to expose the marrow. I simmered them with garlic and onions for 2 days. Today I removed the bones and added chopped; Bellpepper, carrots, and celery, salt and pepper. I let it simmer all day, now it’s cooling. Instead of straining it like they say you do with bone broths, I think I will put it on my magic bullet and liquify it. I hate to strain out all the good veggies and bits of meat.

This is the first time I’ve done it. Next time I’m going to try beef bones.

Last edited:
If I can manage to get my ass out of the house today, maybe I’ll pick up stuff to make Korean bone broth.

Our local place calls their's Kalbi Tang. It's really good but more clear than milky.

I should probably learn the real name so Mika can order it at other places too.

The sun is shining and we have blue skies.
Another beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Won't cha be my neighbor?

That's why I wrote "nicer" place.

No as nice places have the standard mac n cheese, chicken tenders, grilled cheese sandwich or mini burger

Hey now! Are you saying that we don’t eat at nice places? I’ll have you know that last place we ate at earned a star for its service! They don’t give those out willy nilly. Just ask a teacher. You have to do something right to get a star.

An acquaintance of ours has a child in 8th grade who is still at the "kids menu" stage with food (grilled cheese sandwich, chicken fingers, mac-n-cheese, etc.).

Remember when restaurants used to put an upper limit on the age that kids could order from a kids menu. Not anymore.

I let my kid do that when she was 3. That's about it.

Top Bottom