::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Godspeed. Make sure you attend hip class with her.

I'm her coach, I'm told.
Fingers crossed.

I’m waiting for the day that we qualfy for the Golden Eagle pass for National Parks. No more annual passes. 50% rate at camp grounds.

Of course by that time they will have suspended the program due to lack of funds.

We have one. We've yet to use it.
We go to the Smokys. No fee there.

You go, Shirley! Those surgeries are amazing these days - people are up and about in no time at all and feeling many years younger!

If the pain would just go away she'll be happy.
As a preparation she is to stop taking the arthritis meds, along with anything that thins blood. She didn't think that the Arthritis meds were doing anything. She found out different.

It dries clear.

I tried it once and got lost and couldn't find my way home again after football.

Right. Add it to the list of things NOT to use to mark your way home:
  • bread crumbs
  • lime gatorade
  • food of any kind

I have a theseus that a ball of string might be the ticket.

She was going to try? No, not that I'm aware. She's still doing IT at the assisted living place (a couple of them now, I think - there was a merger).

CDL? That just means a drivers license in my state.

Our local place calls their's Kalbi Tang. It's really good but more clear than milky.

I should probably learn the real name so Mika can order it at other places too.

Kalbi tang is not the same as a bone broth. Although some people add bone broth when they make it. The boil process would turn the meat to mush. Ick.
Korean beef bone broth is called gomtang(gom-tang).

The Polska pocket thing reminded me of something I like to make camping.

Two large layers of heavy duty foil.
On it, cut in chunks, put:
Polska kielbasa
Potatoes
Bell peppers
Onions
Garlic cloves
Butter
Salt
Pepper
worcestershire sauce

Top it with two more layers of heavy duty foil and fold all the edges together tightly. You are basically making a large pillow like container.

Lay this on your late night campfire coals. In the morning remove from coals and slice the top open (it will puff up while cooking) and you have a wonderful hot breakfast.

The fire does not need to be crazy hot the night before. You want coals that are dying down.

Kalbi tang is not the same as a bone broth. Although some people add bone broth when they make it. The boil process would turn the meat to mush. Ick.
Korean beef bone broth is called gomtang(gom-tang).

I'll have to check that out.

I think if I'm going to go through that much trouble though, I would make a tonkotsu ramen broth instead. :eek:)

My kids are going to die during their final today.

I'm made a meatloaf and I'm cooking it during class.

I snuck a bunch of shredded veggies in there to get some greenery (orangery?) into the kid.

How does that differ?

I had two smoked turkey legs. I sliced most of the meat off and used it for other things. I cleavered both bones in half to expose the marrow. I simmered them with garlic and onions for 2 days. Today I removed the bones and added chopped; Bellpepper, carrots, and celery, salt and pepper. I let it simmer all day, now it’s cooling. Instead of straining it like they say you do with bone broths, I think I will put it on my magic bullet and liquify it. I hate to strain out all the good veggies and bits of meat.

This is the first time I’ve done it. Next time I’m going to try beef bones.

All the blood is removed from the beef long bones. It’s simmered at a higher temp to leach out calcium from the bones. Should be milky looking when done.

Top Bottom