::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Started my day off nicely.

Popped off a crown while I was flossing my teeth.

Always somethin'!

My tongue is getting sore from continuously rubbing the area where my crown used to be.

Feels so weird.

IDK if you remember my original tooth story.

My best friend is a dentist. I went in for his clinic rotations in dental school. A few years after he started his practice I mentioned that it was weird that I went my whole life without cavities but now I had three all in the same year. He immediately took a look in my mouth and then insisted we go to his office.

He said my teeth were super hard and the likelihood of me having multiple cavities was almost impossible. So he looked at my teeth and then filed a complaint about my dentist to whoever regulates them.

The tooth that is crowned and the one I had to have an implant for are the two teeth the other guy worked on. At the time my buddy wanted me to file a lawsuit, but I was only 26 ish at the time and didn't think it was a big deal. I still had my teeth, they just weren't as pretty.

My buddy gives me crap every time he works on my teeth.

That's my crown story.

IDK if you remember my original tooth story.

My best friend is a dentist. I went in for his clinic rotations in dental school. A few years after he started his practice I mentioned that it was weird that I went my whole life without cavities but now I had three all in the same year. He immediately took a look in my mouth and then insisted we go to his office.

He said my teeth were super hard and the likelihood of me having multiple cavities was almost impossible. So he looked at my teeth and then filed a complaint about my dentist to whoever regulates them.

The tooth that is crowned and the one I had to have an implant for are the two teeth the other guy worked on. At the time my buddy wanted me to file a lawsuit, but I was only 26 ish at the time and didn't think it was a big deal. I still had my teeth, they just weren't as pretty.

My buddy gives me crap every time he works on my teeth.

That's my crown story.

BTW, that guy abandoned his practice soon after that and headed to another state/country. They were after him for insurance fraud.

Grandpa is home. They're pretty sure he just has anxiety (he does have pulmonary edema as well but his O2 levels are good). A doctor walked him today and talked him through his shortness of breath and gave him strategies of how to deal with the feeling he can't breath.

They also gave him some stuff to help him sleep through the attacks.

Do they have him on O2? A tank or a concentrator?

Grandma is still in the hospital. She had an MRI today. She has six broken ribs and a C3(?) fracture. They said she'll recover but it will just take time as older people don't heal that fast.

She likes the hospital food. She's not on a restricted diet and we keep offering to bring her food but she says she likes the food in the hospital. I think they have her heavily drugged :)

The hospital where my kids were born had great food. Sheryl ordered milkshake after milkshake...

The cancer center where I was hospitalized for about a month had great food. Unfortunately, nothing much tasted good to me at that point, due to the chemo drugs. Elaine loved the food there, though....

Do they have him on O2? A tank or a concentrator?

They said he doesn't need it and therefore insurance won't cover it, but if he keeps having the attacks we're going to go rent him one even if it is for placebo affect.

The hospital where my kids were born had great food. Sheryl ordered milkshake after milkshake...

I think it's the drugs.

The food doesn't smell that great and her "beef stew" last night looked like a warmed up can of Alpo.

My grandmother is at a county hospital.

Maybe they have better food at county?

Grandpa was at Kaiser and he was on a "heart healthy" and "diabetic" restricted diet. Dreadful.

Thanks all for the good thoughts for the grandparents.

Grandma isn't in any pain so they must have her hopped up on good meds. She keeps claiming there's a guy on the roof outside of her room. She was freaking out my sisters because she was talking about him and saying "he's right there!" while they were visiting.

I'm thinking the seeing things goes along with the not feeling any pain part :)

Elderly people in hospitals (or facilities) often get "sundowners" when they're disoriented and say and see weird things. They're perfectly normal during the day and then get weird at night.

BTW, that guy abandoned his practice soon after that and headed to another state/country. They were after him for insurance fraud.

Wow! Do you wish you'd sued - at least to get whatever your out-of-pocket was?

My grandmother is at a county hospital.

Maybe they have better food at county?

Grandpa was at Kaiser and he was on a "heart healthy" and "diabetic" restricted diet. Dreadful.

Yeah, restricted diets can be awful. The hospital where Sheryl had the kids was a non-Kaiser hospital that we had a contract with. Kaiser closed the hospital where I started with the company (and where I was born) in about 1996 or so. Ben was one of the very first Kaiser kids born at St. Vincent (born a month after the contract started). (The old hospital is now Adidas' United States headquarters.) We opened our new hospital about 6 years or so ago. Annie was born in the final years of the contract with St. Vincent.

Wow! Do you wish you'd sued - at least to get whatever your out-of-pocket was?

See, that's the thing. My insurance covered everything so I wasn't out of money that was my own. I still had my teeth, albeit with a lot more silver but they were still there.

I had also dated one of the dental assistants and that's how I ended up with that guy in the first place.

If I had known those two teeth were going to give me problems later on, I might have sued, but there was no way to know. My buddy extracted the fillings and replaced them with amalgam (?) so they wouldn't show and I was good with that.

See, that's the thing. My insurance covered everything so I wasn't out of money that was my own. I still had my teeth, albeit with a lot more silver but they were still there.

I had also dated one of the dental assistants and that's how I ended up with that guy in the first place.

If I had known those two teeth were going to give me problems later on, I might have sued, but there was no way to know. My buddy extracted the fillings and replaced them with amalgam (?) so they wouldn't show and I was good with that.

Probably replaced the amalgam with more modern materials.

Probably replaced the amalgam with more modern materials.

Yeah, isn’t amalgam the silver stuff?

I loath dental work. We’re finally getting our health and dental insurance back. I don’t want to think what the dentist is going to find wrong in my mouth. It’s been 18 months since I’ve had a cleaning let alone xrays done.

Yeah, isn’t amalgam the silver stuff?

I loath dental work. We’re finally getting our health and dental insurance back. I don’t want to think what the dentist is going to find wrong in my mouth. It’s been 18 months since I’ve had a cleaning let alone xrays done.

18 months isn't the end of the world. For some folks it's years. I go every six months. Which almost seems like over kill. But it's what's recommend. When I had dental insurance I didn't go regular. Now that I don't I go. Crazy, right? I have a Cigna discount plan now which takes off at minimum 20 percent. A crown still is about $1000.

Top Bottom