::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Hi, Hos. Transitioned from the hospital (after 18 days in-patient), to the local hotel on Monday. Quite an involved process, and TONS of work for Elaine. Not technically discharged, just out-patient vs in-patient. While out-patient, I have to report back to the hospital every morning at 7:45, for blood work, vitals and doctor checks. They keep a very close eye on me.

This morning, only day two of this phase, the doctor found things he doesn't like the looks of. He has ordered tons of extra tests; urinalysis, blood cultures, CT scan of the abdomen, ultrasound of my legs, etc, etc.

There's a chance he may readmit me as in-patient, again. One step forward, two steps back....

Those steps back are just to gain momentum Don.

How do you feel otherwise? Are the side effect diminishing? Getting any energy back yet? I guess it'll take a bit of time. Always thinking of you Don. You got this!

Hi, Hos. Transitioned from the hospital (after 18 days in-patient), to the local hotel on Monday. Quite an involved process, and TONS of work for Elaine. Not technically discharged, just out-patient vs in-patient. While out-patient, I have to report back to the hospital every morning at 7:45, for blood work, vitals and doctor checks. They keep a very close eye on me.

This morning, only day two of this phase, the doctor found things he doesn't like the looks of. He has ordered tons of extra tests; urinalysis, blood cultures, CT scan of the abdomen, ultrasound of my legs, etc, etc.

There's a chance he may readmit me as in-patient, again. One step forward, two steps back....

When do they expect to start seeing results with the tumor?

I'm back I was locked out of UU for some reason.

Welcome home! The UU forum software does some wonky things from time to time as a result of a lot of the anti-spam stuff they've had to install.

Having culinary cut potatoes into:

Batonnet
Julienne
small dice (macedoine; but I can't pronounce that properly)
brunoise

focusing on knife skills/technique which is good because their cuts aren't so accurate . . . yet.

Just looked at an aero press. It’s basically a French press?

Our coffee maker died. Hubby wants a k-cup machine. I’m not thrilled by the waste they produce. We already have a French press.

If you get the Aero press, I recommend a reusable filter to go with it. My favorite is the Disk from Able Brewing. It lets more of the coffee oils though than the paper filter, so it takes closer to French press coffee with it.

Finally got over the flu (Yes, I got a flu shot this year.), but I think I’m coming down with a respiratory infection. Yay. I’m so over being sick.

I think I might try bike commuting after winter. My work place is only 3.5 miles away. There’s no reason I couldn’t do it now, but I hate riding in the cold, dark, and wet.

How do you feel otherwise? Are the side effect diminishing? Getting any energy back yet? I guess it'll take a bit of time. Always thinking of you Don. You got this!

Yep, you got this!

I think I might try bike commuting after winter. My work place is only 3.5 miles away. There’s no reason I couldn’t do it now, but I hate riding in the cold, dark, and wet.

I only have 2 flat miles from home to work. I drive. I suck.

If you get the Aero press, I recommend a reusable filter to go with it. My favorite is the Disk from Able Brewing. It lets more of the coffee oils though than the paper filter, so it takes closer to French press coffee with it.

Is the disk easy to wash?

It's what I love about the aeropress. easy peasy clean up

Is the disk easy to wash?

It's what I love about the aeropress. easy peasy clean up

It’s a tiny bit more work to clean up. I scrape off the puck of coffee stuck to the filter on the edge of the compost bucket then give it a quick scrub when I’m scrubbing the Aeropress. Easy peasy.

I only have 2 flat miles from home to work. I drive. I suck.

I have a brand new $3.2K mt. bike that has been hanging in my garage for twelve years now.

I suck harder.

BTW it's only worth $400.00 now.

But still in brand new condition so I got that going for me.

Thanks, Gary. Not feeling awful. Side effects slowly subsiding. Energy very slowly improving. You might appreciate this more than most. My taste buds are all effed up, and almost nothing tastes good. I can't even tolerate CFA!! It's a bi**h not wanting to eat....

Top Bottom