::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Or, he could post pics of anyone he encounters on the beach who IS wearing a bikini....

like when the whole pack of kids showed up yesterday? North shore bikinis basically cover none of the ass these days, I got an eyefull yesterday.

I for one dont want to go back to cranking up my windows.

I don't dislike power windows, but the express up down feature can be a PITA. Sometimes I just want the window down a little bit. That can be trouble with the express feature.

Also, there is no standard to the method of operation from one vehicle to the next. Just when I think I have it all figured out, I drive my wife's car, or a rental car, and find that it's different from mine.

It makes me wonder whether the added "convenience" of the express feature is worth it....

I don't dislike power windows, but the express up down feature can be a PITA. Sometimes I just want the window down a little bit. That can be trouble with the express feature.

Also, there is no standard to the method of operation from one vehicle to the next. Just when I think I have it all figured out, I drive my wife's car, or a rental car, and find that it's different from mine.

It makes me wonder whether the added "convenience" of the express feature is worth it....

The express up and down can be a blessing and a curse. My Soul has both front door windows that way.
The van is only the driver's door. The top of the line trim on a Sedona has all four windows express.

There was a 1904 Oldsmobile in the parade yesterday. I really don't know why we need more than that beauty had.

I harvested the first nine jalapeno peppers from our garden today, and have just finished assembling them into jalapeno poppers. I usually do them outside on the grill, but will broil them today, due to rain.

I'll eat some tonight, and take the rest to work tomorrow to share. We're leaving Saturday morning, and I don't want them to go to waste....

Last edited:
Change of plans. The rain stopped, and the sun peeked out. The clouds to the south and east are still dark and ominous, though, and there is continuing thunder.

I risked grilling the poppers outside, because I didn't want to get the oven all greasy, or to set off the smoke detectors.

I win! I got them done outdoors, and didn't get rained on....

A few questions for you foodies and or gardeners:

How long will freshly picked jalapenos last before they must be used? Should they be refrigerated? Cleaned first?

A few questions for you foodies and or gardeners:

How long will freshly picked jalapenos last before they must be used? Should they be refrigerated? Cleaned first?
Most fruit and veggies do not need to be refrigerated, especially if you grew them yourself. Refrigeration will make them last longer but I’ve left my fresh pick tomatoes on the counter for well over a week. Also washing them removes a natural protective coating that helps them last longer. I don’t wash mine until I’m ready to eat them.

The same goes with fresh eggs. They will last 5 weeks out of refrigeration, just don’t wash them.

Most fruit and veggies do not need to be refrigerated, especially if you grew them yourself. Refrigeration will make them last longer but I’ve left my fresh pick tomatoes on the counter for well over a week. Also washing them removes a natural protective coating that helps them last longer. I don’t wash mine until I’m ready to eat them.

The same goes with fresh eggs. They will last 5 weeks out of refrigeration, just don’t wash them.

Thanks. I wanted to pick only the largest peppers, and let the smaller ones grow some more. But, I want to use them all at once, since assembling the poppers is such a pain.

Not an issue this time, because I picked them all. We're leaving on vacation, and they would have been untended....

Today was our sixth consecutive day with temperatures in the 90s. I gotta be honest. It doesn't bother me, much. Yes, we have A/C, and I might feel differently otherwise. But, as is its not much of a big deal to us....

Celebrate Damon!

View attachment 110243

(somebody make it bigger)

How's that

I would totally do this if I was hairy

attachment.php

Top Bottom