::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

This afternoon is the third day of pre-chemo. Then the next two days I have nothing....they let me rest. Then, on Halloween, I get my new cells!!! Then, over the next few days after that, the side effects start kicking in, I'm told....

what a halloween treat!!!

Dry and COLD predicted here for Halloween. East wind, too. East wind in this area in the fall and winter usually means dry and cold. It's one of those winds that blows right through the fibers of your coat and settles down in your bones. I like cool and rainy way better than dry, cold, and windy.

its gonna be rainy here this year....not a fan of that...

I got a call from the GI dr.....said iron was low but hopefully with gluten free diet that will increase. Also B12 was low and might need shots to boost that....and also had no clue as to why my vitamin k was high.....so I need to call dr in a day or two to discuss what to do.

Are the side effects due to the chemo or is there something about the cell infusion that makes it bad? I would think they'd want everything to be in a happy place to make it comfy for the new cells.

I believe it's both. The effects from the chemo are a bit delayed, and are mostly nausea and diarrhea. The effects from the cell infusion are scarier, and more severe. I may lose the ability to speak, and understand speech, temporarily. I may lose the ability to stand and to walk. I may suffer neurological losses, like personality changes, hallucinations, or others.

This is part of why they encourage care-givers to stay with the patients. She'd be the first to recognize when I'm just not myself....

Here we go, basically three chords. Go!

Code:
[CENTER]Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
Recorded by Willie Nelson
Written by Fred Rose[/CENTER]

[C] In the twilight glow I see her
[G7] Blue eyes cryin' in the [C] rain
As when we kissed good-bye and parted
[G7] I knew we'd never meet [C] again [C7]

[F] Love is like a dying ember
[C] Only memories re[G7]main
[C] Through the ages I'll remember
[G7] Blue eyes crying in the [C] rain

[C] Now my hair has turned to silver
[G7] All my life I've love in [C] vain
I can see her star in heaven
[G7] Blue eyes Crying in the [C] rain [C7]

[F] Someday when we meet up yonder
We'll [C] stroll hand in hand a[G7]gain
[C] In the land that knows no parting

Here we go, basically three chords. Go!

Code:
[CENTER]Blue Eyes Crying In The Rain
Recorded by Willie Nelson
Written by Fred Rose[/CENTER]

[C] In the twilight glow I see her
[G7] Blue eyes cryin' in the [C] rain
As when we kissed good-bye and parted
[G7] I knew we'd never meet [C] again [C7]

[F] Love is like a dying ember
[C] Only memories re[G7]main
[C] Through the ages I'll remember

[C] Now my hair has turned to silver
[G7] All my life I've love in [C] vain
I can see her star in heaven
[G7] Blue eyes Crying in the [C] rain [C7]

[F] Someday when we meet up yonder
We'll [C] stroll hand in hand a[G7]gain
[C] In the land that knows no parting

Rob, this is another favorite of mine! Unfortunately, I ended up here sooner than expected, admitted through ER. We had no time to pack properly; it was more grab-and-go. I didn't end up with a uke, so I can't play it, now....

Morning kids.
Off to work today at the school. One client after and then home.

I like my new schedule. Longer hours at the school and not working at that chiro office. Private clients and spa clients sprinkled around my office hours.

Rob, this is another favorite of mine! Unfortunately, I ended up here sooner than expected, admitted through ER. We had no time to pack properly; it was more grab-and-go. I didn't end up with a uke, so I can't play it, now....

What?!

Hope all is taken care of now.

High winds, more smoke and power outages in the forecast today.

We need a huge rainstorm!

Woohooo!

Just wrangled an invitation to the Ikaika Basketball tournament!

Why is that woohoo?

Because it's on Oahu!!! Made internet friendship with tournament organizer trying to get them to send a team to our tournament. Visited them and had James work out with their team this past summer. He just gave me a standing invitation to their tournament for whenever we want to come (their tournament starts for high school so we have a couple years to plan and for the team to save).

Top Bottom