::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Pork tenderloin on the grill. Will do asparagus to go with. Also doing what I call pi-de: pizza dough cooked directly on the grill. It’s an adaptation of bread we had in Turkey. It’s sprinkled with a toasted seed. To eat, tear off a hunk and dip in seasoned olive oil.

I've seen a similar offering at local Italian restaurants....bread with oil to dip into. Sorry, but I don't find that to be appetizing. I guess I'm just too American in my eating habits....

Yes, Macaroni Grill offers hot bread that you dip into olive oil.
I crack some pepper and add balsamic vinegar to the oil.

Delicious!

Pssst Don - do you like croutons in salad?
Well, bread dipped in olive oil, with balsamic vinegar and pepper, is basically bread with a little salad dressing on it. :)

I've seen a similar offering at local Italian restaurants....bread with oil to dip into. Sorry, but I don't find that to be appetizing. I guess I'm just too American in my eating habits....

Butter is good too. I put a little red pepper and salt in the oil. Variety.

Also: Each to his own taste.

Last edited:
Pork tenderloin on the grill. Will do asparagus to go with. Also doing what I call pi-de: pizza dough cooked directly on the grill. It’s an adaptation of bread we had in Turkey. It’s sprinkled with a toasted seed. To eat, tear off a hunk and dip in seasoned olive oil.

How’s the Kamado treating you?

We flipped by Kelly and Ryan and saw a lady playing guitar performing. I said I know her face but can't come up with the name. Well it was Melissa Etheridge. She looked tired.
So I thought how old is she? More than eleven years younger than me.
Of course I always think I look like the Crypt Keeper, so there ya go anywho.

Gary’s in line at Disneyland. Heh heh heh .

We had to make a reservation that was hard to get.

We had to stand in line to get into the park.

We had to stand in line to get wrist bands that allowed us to stand in line.

We then had to stand in said line.

This line allowed us to stand in another line to ride the Millennium Falcon.

Worth it!

Galaxy’s Edge is well done and pretty fun. Food is even more expensive than the other parts of the park but we had to try it. Bought nearly $50.00 of Galaxy’s Edge soft drinks for souvenirs (currently being sold for $30.00 each on eBay). Rode the Millennium Falcon 3 times, the first ride was a twenty minute line, the second and third we were able to go straight through. Today that part of the park is open to the general public and they expect the park to reach capacity and close down entry.

Talked James down from a $200.00, build-your-own light saber but conceded to a $100.00 build-a-droid because the family we are traveling with bought one for each of their three boys. James chose the BB-8 model. I was a little bummed because I wanted the R2 style. :).

Observations:
Lots of enormous people visit Disneyland, many of these physically able other than being obese people rent electric scooters so they don’t have to walk (walked 25K steps yesterday).

Pre teens/teens dress to impress. Both boys and girls.

My blood sugar and sodium intake were out of control yesterday because I allowed myself to eat/sample all the things I look forward to eating at Disneyland (except a corn dog; I’ll check that one off before I leave). I’ll be eating a lot of salad from here on out.

People are complete idiots at times (see FB post about child left in stroller)

Witnessed five complete meltdowns; people push their little guys to stay in the park waaaay too long.

The “Tikki Room” might have been cool in the 1940’s but it’s time has come and gone. It’s basically a spot to duck out of the heat and enjoy air-conditioning.

The weather here is awesome. I’m told San Jose is “hot as balls” right now.

The family we travel with is awesome although it feels awkward when I remember I taught the dad in high school. James is best buddies with their oldest (all three boys actually).

25K steps will exhaust kids. James is still sleeping and he usually never sleeps past 6:30am.

I need to make James run around for 25k steps every day.

Visiting Disneyland with another family is much more fun than just hitting the park with the three of us. Two of us this trip; Mika is working the rest of the week, she has a conference in the Disneyland hotel and that’s why we’re here.

Our five day pass was only $246.00 so I don’t mind that James is sleeping in and we missed “magic morning” early entrance.

I saw a resonator style guitar body but only four strings. What’s that called? It was bigger than a baritone so it wasn’t a ukulele.

Disneyland should open a MM Tattoo parlor, they’d make a killing.

Pluto had boobs. They should pick someone less endowed to wear that costume. :biglaugh:

I wore a ukulele shirt that spells out D A D in chords and kept running into the same family that were also sporting ukulele shirts.

Directly outside our room is “Goofy’s Flight School” roller coaster and with the balcony sliding door closed you would never be able to tell. Pretty amazing.

To all Disney cast members: No, I don’t need help, this is how I always look thank you very much!

Thankful that I packed two pairs of shoes. Mid-day change made my feet feel much better.

Just checked the Disney app and the line for the Millennium Falcon is 180 minutes right now. The longest we waited was 20. That soft opening reservation period was genius!!!

I guess I better wake James up. We have a breakfast reservation pretty soon.

Only saw three students yesterday.

Uhm Don . . . butter is fat which is basically solidified oil.

Oh Damon, I’m so sorry for your wife. This stuff just gets harder.

Playing for those Yoshida folks with be fun. I heard that Gary guy tips well.

If you're lucky he'll let you push the secret button that sends him a shock. Then he will dance for you.

That sounds delicious! I made naan on the grill once - surprisingly successful.

Yes you are.

Trader Joe's has a garlic olive oil that is amazing - but REALLY garlicky. Thus, amazing. But just a dab'll do ya.

Yes, Macaroni Grill offers hot bread that you dip into olive oil.
I crack some pepper and add balsamic vinegar to the oil.

Delicious!

Pssst Don - do you like croutons in salad?
Well, bread dipped in olive oil, with balsamic vinegar and pepper, is basically bread with a little salad dressing on it. :)

Our favorite restaurant, Ernesto's, serves a blow-your-mind delicious focaccia with olive oil and balsamic. That's where I learned to love that combination.

How’s the Kamado treating you?

I did ribs on Saturday - not the best turnout. I also came to find that the ash pan on my Akorn is rusting out. I need to do some refurbishing, I guess. 5 years out in Oregon weather is taking its toll.

Top Bottom