Page 2144 of 2224 FirstFirst ... 114416442044209421342142214321442145214621542194 ... LastLast
Results 21,431 to 21,440 of 22233

Thread: ::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Quote Originally Posted by stillfreeda View Post
    Remember, gluten isn't just in wheat. Also BARLEY (as in hops) and RYE.
    I didn't know that.

Every food science book I've read only mentions gluten associated with wheat. I've read that soy sauce contains a small amount of gluten as well and figured it was something in the processing. Does soy have gluten too?
    9:23448

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Gary Yoshida (added for Mim)

If they build it up, that means our lake will grow. Currently, it spills over the trail and into the adjoining property. I believe that land is owned by the school district, for some reason. I should pull out the plat map.
    Something I will never be able to say while living in Silicon Valley.

Passionately Untalented

Compass Rose (Custom Tenor) Kamaka HF-3 Kamoa SM-P Kala KA-STg Tenor Pineapple (Rick Turner Build Class)

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Long story short: my chemotherapy regimen failed. The cancer I have is too aggressive to get results with standard treatment. So, the big rush has been on to find me an alternative therapy.

I have applied to be accepted into a clinical trial of CAR T therapy, which is an immunotherapy involving the genetic modification oh my blood's T cells. To that end, I have a huge week of testing, poking and prodding coming up at Moffitt Cancer Center, in Tampa. We go Sunday, stay over, and have a full day of tests on Monday. CT scan, PET scan, EEG, EKG, ultrasound, blood labs, interviews with social workers, psychiatrists, etc.

Stay over Monday night and have most of a day of testing on Tuesday. Then we come home until Thursday, and then return to the hotel in Tampa, for an early morning tumor biopsy on Friday. It won't be until late Friday until they decide whether or not I'll be accepted into this clinical trial.

Assuming I am, we will return to the hotel on Sunday night, preparatory to T cell harvesting on Monday. The collected T cells will be frozen, and sent to a lab in California for genetic modification. Seventeen days later those modified T cells come back and get reintroduced into my bloodstream. The expected side effects are severe, so they may need to keep me in the hospital for a couple of weeks....
    Whoa, that's the same treatment one of my co-worker's son is going through.

I hope you get in Don. Matthew has had great results so far.

Also, stay positive and vent here when needed.

(((All the PoHo MoJo I have)))

Passionately Untalented

good morning hos

Passionately Untalented

I fell asleep without my cpap.

I'm tired.

Passionately Untalented

Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Dry clay type soil. Hard, impermeable, dusty when disturbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by PereBourik View Post
    Mrs Pere served it to me once. Holy God it needed a lot of seasoning to get it down!
    These seemed fun together.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Quote Originally Posted by Pueo View Post
    These seemed fun together.
    Unless you were there.
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

Just tried to take a nap. It was bad like a 0-0 tie in soccer. Neither sleep nor wakefulness won and the result was disappointing.
    Why me?
    "Some people see the hand of God in their lives, some only the finger."
    - Evan Eisenberg, Atlantic Monthly, July/August 2006, p. 151.

14:29044

I think I'll go into "town" tomorrow and check out the coffee shop. Town is in quotes because there's.... not much.

I think there are 3 restaurants (pizza, theoretically Mexican, steak house), a barber and a hairdresser, a coffee shop, a church, and... I think that's it? There's a private air strip, for some reason.

But this is my home, or will be, so I better come to terms with what's here and what ain't.
    Hugo and I went for a drive this morning. It's 4 restaurants, and the hairdresser's is for sale. I can't find the barber any more, and I must have hallucinated the coffee shop.

So the town consists of 4 restaurants and a church. Lord help me.

Quote Originally Posted by mailman View Post
    Long story short: my chemotherapy regimen failed. The cancer I have is too aggressive to get results with standard treatment. So, the big rush has been on to find me an alternative therapy.

I have applied to be accepted into a clinical trial of CAR T therapy, which is an immunotherapy involving the genetic modification oh my blood's T cells. To that end, I have a huge week of testing, poking and prodding coming up at Moffitt Cancer Center, in Tampa. We go Sunday, stay over, and have a full day of tests on Monday. CT scan, PET scan, EEG, EKG, ultrasound, blood labs, interviews with social workers, psychiatrists, etc.

Stay over Monday night and have most of a day of testing on Tuesday. Then we come home until Thursday, and then return to the hotel in Tampa, for an early morning tumor biopsy on Friday. It won't be until late Friday until they decide whether or not I'll be accepted into this clinical trial.

Assuming I am, we will return to the hotel on Sunday night, preparatory to T cell harvesting on Monday. The collected T cells will be frozen, and sent to a lab in California for genetic modification. Seventeen days later those modified T cells come back and get reintroduced into my bloodstream. The expected side effects are severe, so they may need to keep me in the hospital for a couple of weeks....
    This sounds A) like it blows but B) I'm glad there's more option than just the chemo. ((((((((jugs))))))))

Thread Information