::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

That was my "go-to" meal for Denny's as well.

I need to get something new. Can't have the ham now. I should check it out since I qualify for the Senior discount there!

I don't think I have eaten at Denny's in the last 15 years

Flight home currently 30 minute delay.
I heard lots of rotary wing noise here at the gate.
Glance out the window and TWO Ospreys and two giant helicopters are hovering outside.
The big single rotor helis that kinda look like giant Blackhawks, whatever they are.

Ospreys are so cool. That's another one I'd love to see in person.

I’m a crazy detailed packer. I’ve been setting selected clothes aside for this trip for over a week. Today the suitcase will come out, things will be added and others will go back in my closet. I blame it on 10 years of traveling to the field and wanting to pack EXACTLY what I need each time.

So basically this is entirely your fault.

I have been getting my packing down to an art form. For my trip to Denver I will be taking a tiny little case that holds my CPAP machine and a change of clothes. I will have my school bag with computer and books. It will be the lightest I have ever traveled.

I hate a love/hate relationship with Denny's, sometimes I crave their breakfast food and like some other stuff on their menu, but when Denny's fails, they typically fail hard.

The last Denny's I ate at was one in our hotel on Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki. That was about 25 years ago.

The only one I can think of is near our time share. I think it's on Lewers. Mika has been getting hotel deals that are cheaper than our time share if we converted the points to money. We save our time share points for Kauai or the new place, The Modern in Waikiki. Our time share in Waikiki is kind of a dump. It needs a ton of upgrades which I hope they don't do. Our maintenance fees are already too expensive.

Today is 5th period day.

I love my English students. Not so much for 5th period. There are two (used to be 5) kids that just bug the hell out of me. Little punks. My only salvation is that I'll only see them for one year and I'll never have to deal with them again.

Last edited:
The only one I can think of is near our time share. I think it's on Lewers. Mika has been getting hotel deals that are cheaper than our time share if we converted the points to money. We save our time share points for Kauai or the new place, The Modern in Waikiki. Our time share in Waikiki is kind of a dump. It needs a ton of upgrades which I hope they don't do. Our maintenance fees are already too expensive.

The one we went to in Waikiki appears to be a Starbucks now.

The one we went to in Waikiki appears to be a Starbucks now.

I know which one that is. It changed about 10-12 years ago. It's a really nice Starbucks. They're the ones that told me they were allowed to bring in a Starbucks as long as they sourced Hawaiian coffee.

I know which one that is. It changed about 10-12 years ago. It's a really nice Starbucks. They're the ones that told me they were allowed to bring in a Starbucks as long as they sourced Hawaiian coffee.

It was a really nice Denny's too. I mean, an open-air restaurant on Kalakaua Ave across the street from Waikiki Beach could be a dumpster and I still probably wouldn't notice.

I hate a love/hate relationship with Denny's, sometimes I crave their breakfast food and like some other stuff on their menu, but when Denny's fails, they typically fail hard.

When I am in Indiana I want Cracker Barrel for breakfast!

Top Bottom