::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Just threw out all our Romaine lettuce grown in Salinas.

Stupid that this even exists.

They really need to put an end to factory farming our livestock. In Salinas the water gets contaminated from a ginormous cattle ranch that is above the farmland.

The weather is not really wonderful today. It's rainy and windy. My grand daughter is traveling down from Madison, WI for Thanksgiving, either tonight or early tomorrow morning. Things can get hairy anywhere, but especially around Chicago. I'm hoping for a safe trip on the roads for her.

Why thank you! Could do with some light. Its dark and dreary here at the moment...

We got our first storm last night. It was raining so hard you couldn't see the lanes of the road and the windshield wipers were useless. The surface streets were like rivers. I don't know how much it dropped, but it kept up that way for a good 40 minutes. I got drenched going about 30 yards from my car to the store and back.

Not complaining.

This is California. We need the rain. Especially NorCal, we share our water with our SoCal neighbors.

Been raining here for about a week. Dark and dismal all day for days

That's my kind of weather! I love winter with the dreary, rainy weather and short days. My part of the US has a climate similar to yours - a bit warmer, a bit wetter. Still - I would thrive there.

Gary, how's James?

He woke from his surgery a little nauseated from the anesthesia. Threw up a few times. Got him home and he slept for five hours and woke up hungry.

Now he says his ear is just sore like someone punched him there. He doesn't want Tylenol or anything so I guess he's pretty good. He has to wear what looks like a bra cup over his ear until Sunday but then he can go to school. Can't lift anything more than 5lbs and has to use a rolling back pack. He's most upset about the backpack.

He woke from his surgery a little nauseated from the anesthesia. Threw up a few times. Got him home and he slept for five hours and woke up hungry.

Now he says his ear is just sore like someone punched him there. He doesn't want Tylenol or anything so I guess he's pretty good. He has to wear what looks like a bra cup over his ear until Sunday but then he can go to school. Can't lift anything more than 5lbs and has to use a rolling back pack. He's most upset about the backpack.

Thank you for asking.

Haha... the backpack. Oh poor kid. Yeah, you can hurt and it aint no big deal... but the school torment is the worst!
Get him like the rolling briefcase kind. If he has to be in it, might as well be 100%!

Haha... the backpack. Oh poor kid. Yeah, you can hurt and it aint no big deal... but the school torment is the worst!
Get him like the rolling briefcase kind. If he has to be in it, might as well be 100%!

I'm on a roll.

Made two pans of brownies.

A pan of corn bread (not a huge favorite in my family but I had all the stuff).

also made a pan of polenta that I'll cut up and toss on the grill tomorrow.

Prepping gravy from stock because for my inlaws we ordered a smoked turkey. No pan juice. Might make a small pan of dressing tonight too. I'll have smash some potatoes too.

My fil will have some Japanese "tapas" and maybe some sushi. And of course, rice :eek:)

Top Bottom