::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Did you watch the Coast Guard boats navigating that tiny, rocky passage at Depoe Bay? The whale watching is incredible, or at least it was the day I went.

There were lots of boats coming and going from the harbor. The Coast Guard's trick is to do the channel backwards during a storm. Crazy.

I've never seen a gray whale before and we saw at least 20 while we were there. We will be back to that place for sure!

I did the unthinkable yesterday. Uke community orthodoxy be darned all the way to heck. I am not ashamed.

I bought a Waterman. At a toy store.

I was messing with the ones on display, and came across one with nice low action and none of the other common flaws (except for the fret paint, but that's to be expected.)

Honestly I think the real problem with Watermans is consistency, which seems weird for a product manufactured the way it is.

I have a couple of plastic Eleukes - well, one is mine, one is Annie's, and one is here at work in the break room - Mim set it up for me for work for anyone who wants to pick it up and play.

Holy cow the UMC's ordination process is a slog! I was at an ordination summit when I found out my mom was likely in her last hours. I skipped (with permission) the evening session on Tuesday to spend time with her, then returned for the Wednesday morning session. It's proceeding in its own special, glacial way.

Ah, the doorkeepers in the house of the Lord. Can't take chances when authorizing people for the institution.

I was 32 when I was ordained. I had by then spent more than half my life swimming up that particular stream.

Have you used that temp controller on the smoker yet?

Yep! I used it on ribs - it did a great job until the charcoal reached a weird spot in the way I laid it - the chunks somehow just weren't touching each other very well and they failed to ignite. I restarted with a torch and everything went well after that.

Ah, the doorkeepers in the house of the Lord. Can't take chances when authorizing people for the institution.

I was 32 when I was ordained. I had by then spent more than half my life swimming up that particular stream.

And yet there are still those who are profoundly unsuited for the job who somehow make their way through the process.

I did the unthinkable yesterday. Uke community orthodoxy be darned all the way to heck. I am not ashamed.

I bought a Waterman. At a toy store.

I was messing with the ones on display, and came across one with nice low action and none of the other common flaws (except for the fret paint, but that's to be expected.)

Honestly I think the real problem with Watermans is consistency, which seems weird for a product manufactured the way it is.

I thought you said watermelon. I have a plastic Kala, or is it a Makala?

That is a true fact.

(I often wonder if I was one such.)

I don't, and I have never even experienced you "on the job."
How is it that I know you are suited for clergy?
Because you always know exactly what to say, and exactly how to say it, exactly when folks need it.

Truth.

Because you always know exactly what to say, and exactly how to say it, exactly when folks need it.

Truth.

And he cuts a damn majestic figure in all his clerical garb.

Truth.

::LIKE::

(they really do need to add that button)

Truth.

And he cuts a damn majestic figure in all his clerical garb.

::LIKE::

(they really do need to add that button)

Thanks. Maybe it’s the self-doubt that makes it work.

(Now I have something in my eye.)

Top Bottom