::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Also. How’re you doing Don?

Hanging in there. Still in the Tampa hotel. Today I go to the cancer center for lab work, and meetings, and IV placements for tomorrow's apheresis procedure. That's the harvesting of my t-cells through a process that's like dialysis. HUGE step! Tomorrow those t-cells are off to a lab in California to be genetically modified. They'll be ready in approximately 17 days.

The trick, at this point, is to keep me going until those cells come back and get put back into me. The cancer has not been attacked in 4 weeks, since my chemo failed. Now I need to wait three more weeks for the t-cells. All the while, the tumor grows and continues to spread. There is some concern that I may not be able to make it, on my own.

They will start Tuesday with the infusion of Retuxan and heavy duty steroids. These I had before, in conjunction with chemo, although they are not chemo drugs. I can't have chemo drugs at this stage. Hopefully they will serve to shrink the tumor to some degree....

Hanging in there. Still in the Tampa hotel. Today I go to the cancer center for lab work, and meetings, and IV placements for tomorrow's apheresis procedure. That's the harvesting of my t-cells through a process that's like dialysis. HUGE step! Tomorrow those t-cells are off to a lab in California to be genetically modified. They'll be ready in approximately 17 days.

The trick, at this point, is to keep me going until those cells come back and get put back into me. The cancer has not been attacked in 4 weeks, since my chemo failed. Now I need to wait three more weeks for the t-cells. All the while, the tumor grows and continues to spread. There is some concern that I may not be able to make it, on my own.

They will start Tuesday with the infusion of Retuxan and heavy duty steroids. These I had before, in conjunction with chemo, although they are not chemo drugs. I can't have chemo drugs at this stage. Hopefully they will serve to shrink the tumor to some degree....

I'll be praying for you Don. On a happy side of things here's my and Mandy's wedding website thought some of you might want to read it and are story. https://www.basicinvite.com/site/stephenandmandy

Oh good you got into the treatment!

Keep fighting Don. The mailman ain't done yet!!!!

PoHo MoJo and everything else I got buddy.

Top Bottom