::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Was planning to mow this morning. Lawn program folks had made a visit. Their instructions:
Fertilizer: Don't mow until you've watered
Spot Broadleaf Control: Don't water for 24 hours.

There's actually a hint of rain in the forecast for tomorrow. So I water tomorrow morning in case it doesn't rain tomorrow afternoon. Then I mow tomorrow afternoon unless it rains. Or I wait until Wednesday morning. But we leave for Ohio by noon on Wednesday.

Pharque!

You have Lawn Police? Kansasikstan really does control your life. Get the fark outta there.

There are some people huge enough here that I seriously think they could eat all of it. But yeah, that's big.

Lenexa is putting the finishing touches on this place, a new civic center complex. Very dee luxe. Farmers market days, aquatic center, and more. BBQ competitions are all the rage around here. This one looks pretty big. Biggest of all is at the American Royal at the old Kemper Arena. I like BBQ, but I can make do with a burnt end sandwich from a decent place. No way I'm going to tackle something like this.

Leavenworth recently had one where the competitors all set up, did their smoking, tantalized everyone in the neighborhood, but couldn't feed anybody but the judges because of the health code.

I call BS on that.

I would weigh 300 pounds if I lived there. Southern California has very few BBQ places thank gawd.

We see lots of osprey at our apartment in Florida. There are special nesting platforms for them, like a telephone pole with half-sheet of plywood on top. We see them every day, nesting on the platforms and fishing in the lagoons.

We also see bald eagles there, regularly. The abundant wildlife is one of the things we like so much about the place....

Bald eagles are assholes at our lake place in Washington. They steal the Ospreys catch. Last year I didn’t see one Osprey. Too many eagles.

Is California going to become three states?

I’ll vote yes. What the hell, let’s shake things up.

This has been on the ballot before, never happens.

I’d rather us split off from the Union at this point.

Top Bottom