::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I may have mentioned we're going to do a mexican food fiesta for the holiday g2g. With me gluten free, and dad & Linda honey being vegan, it seems easier than the "traditional foods".

I probably should have informed the spouse, though. He bought a turkey and a ham.

Turkey enchiladas?

I may have mentioned we're going to do a mexican food fiesta for the holiday g2g. With me gluten free, and dad & Linda honey being vegan, it seems easier than the "traditional foods".

I probably should have informed the spouse, though. He bought a turkey and a ham.

How funny, when we were at BIL/SIL's place on the North Shore we decided to have Mexican Christmas this year.
I make green chicken enchiladas.
BIL makes red enchiladas.
Red and green!
XMas!

I *LOVE* Physics!
Took physics and AP physics in high school!
Was a physics major at UC Irvine!
Did I mention I love physics?
Yay!

Sean has a bachelor’s in physics also. His graduate degree is in oceanography, but that’s only because his school, Oregon State University, didn’t have an ocean optics department. His advisors were optics geeks (PhDs) working for the oceanography department. He regrets not getting his graduate degree under one of the physics departments.

Last edited:
Did Disneyland all day yesterday with work peeps. We did have fun but I almost died. Tired today but I hafta work.

Soo, leftover drugs are good. I’m glad you got some relief.

Have had the wood burning stove in the bunker going all day. Started it up between 7-8 AM. This year we are using bricks made from compressed saw dust. They burn a long time, stack well in the garage, are easy to handle, and no bugs, etc.

What I like best about them is their consistency in terms of heat output and burn time. It makes it easy to figure out how many to use, and when to stop feeding the stove if you want the burn to die down and go out.

That sounds interesting. More fun than the pellet system.

Looks like I'm not the only one who woke up sore. Not sure what's going on. Oh well.

Time to go to work and install 2 click software because some people can't manage 2 clicks.

Headed out to the fancy fish store, which is also known for it's quality meats. Surf and turf for dinner tonight! Lobster tails, and NY strip steaks....

Rite-Aid, CVS, and Long's are the same company, if that helps any.

But they run their stores independent of each other. I've gone from Walgreens to CVS to Rite Aid and back to Walgreens because of the way each store handles insurance and what insurance they take.

Aloha Kakahiaka PoHos!
It is another beautiful day here.
Just riding TheBus to work.

I am still undecided if I like the Moto Z3 more or less than the Moto Z Play I had previously.
The screen on the Z3 is larger and looks great, and is in the same size phone, well the Z3 is a little lighter and thinner, so that is a plus.
It does seem a bit faster, but that may also be because I was on an older slower phone the last five months.
The new camera has some neat features.
BUT
The battery does not last as long (but still lasts more than all day)
There is no headphone jack (have to use Bluetooth or usb-c dongle)
There is no front-facing flash (because the screen is larger)
Radio does not seem as good (drop down to 3G sometimes, or cellular data is slow)
I do not recall any of those issues with my Z Play.

We'll see if the Android 9 update improves things, it will hopefully be out for the Z3 soon.

Have had the wood burning stove in the bunker going all day. Started it up between 7-8 AM. This year we are using bricks made from compressed saw dust. They burn a long time, stack well in the garage, are easy to handle, and no bugs, etc.

What I like best about them is their consistency in terms of heat output and burn time. It makes it easy to figure out how many to use, and when to stop feeding the stove if you want the burn to die down and go out.

Are they highly compressed like pellets for pellet stoves or are they more like presto logs? I'm guessing the highly compressed, but I've never seen bricks like that.

I *LOVE* Physics!
Took physics and AP physics in high school!
Was a physics major at UC Irvine!
Did I mention I love physics?
Yay!

I didn't enjoy physics in high school. Teacher was a real drag. Really, all the science teachers in my high school were pretty bad. They were enough to put a science-enthusiast kid like me off science.

I am still undecided if I like the Moto Z3 more or less than the Moto Z Play I had previously.
The screen on the Z3 is larger and looks great, and is in the same size phone, well the Z3 is a little lighter and thinner, so that is a plus.
It does seem a bit faster, but that may also be because I was on an older slower phone the last five months.
The new camera has some neat features.
BUT
The battery does not last as long (but still lasts more than all day)
There is no headphone jack (have to use Bluetooth or usb-c dongle)
There is no front-facing flash (because the screen is larger)
Radio does not seem as good (drop down to 3G sometimes, or cellular data is slow)
I do not recall any of those issues with my Z Play.

We'll see if the Android 9 update improves things, it will hopefully be out for the Z3 soon.

I'm just loving my new iPhone.

Top Bottom