::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Morning kids. Woke up with hubby at 4am. Trying to get back to sleep.

So Don, I’m so glad things are better. I can’t imagine the rollercoaster you must have been living on the last few months.

Did you and Elaine sell your place in NY? Are you now permanent Florida residents? What did you do with all your stuff?

So Don, I’m so glad things are better. I can’t imagine the rollercoaster you must have been living on the last few months.

Did you and Elaine sell your place in NY? Are you now permanent Florida residents? What did you do with all your stuff?

. . . and how are you feeling now?

I have work to do, so naturally I came here to procrastinate.

Guess I'll have to do my work.

I was informed yesterday that this year we will be going to Oahu for the festival and then to Maui to meet up with our friends.

Hopefully, that roller coaster ride is over now. It was a terribly stressful thing for us to go through, but we made it.

Funny you should ask about the house in NY. Elaine left this morning for her third trip up there to work on getting the house emptied. We have rented a large storage unit to house the stuff that's not being sold, donated, or thrown away. Many things are ear-marked to be given to one or another of the kids, and they'll go in storage for now, too.

The stuff left in the house, including some very nice bedroom and living room furniture, will be sold by a a professional estate sale outfit, who can advertise well and get things done in a day or two. There'll be lots of kitchen stuff left, as well.

We are not officially permanent Florida residents, yet. We'll wait until the NY house sells, first. It has been on the market, but the listing ended two days ago. We'll renew the listing in the spring. In the meantime, if our realtor finds a potential customer before then, she's welcome to sell it....

. . . and how are you feeling now?

Gary, I've gotta tell you....I feel great! My strength and stamina are improving, my appetite is back, and I haven't had any pain in weeks. I still need to build strength and gain some weight, but it's coming along.

The only side effects that I have left are a case of "drop foot" in my left foot, and neuropathy in both feet. (I told you the side effects of this treatment could be weird) I'm hoping that as I walk more these things will go away.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining! I'm happy just to still be here. There were a couple of times when Elaine and I (and the doctors, too) were afraid I was going to die. I'm a very, very lucky man, and thankful as hell....

Last edited:
Top Bottom