::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Waiting to pee in a cup.
Side job.
:)
Seems like a lot to go through for four hours of work...

But whatever, it's extra $.

This is a long wait...
I think I am next though.
Every Friday is Stupid Joke Friday on a local radio station.
This morning had a funny one.

Guy goes in to a pet store, says he is looking for an unusual pet.

Salesman says, "You find anything more unusual that this - it's a centipede, and he likes to talk!"

The guy takes it home. He asks the centipede, "Hey you want to go for a walk?"

Silence.

He waits a little while, maybe the centipede is shy in his new home, you know? Anyway, he asks again.

Silence.

Three and a half hours later, the guy is getting kind of pissed, he says, "Hey - we gonna go walk or what?!?!"

The centipede says, "Jeez, I heard you the first time, I'm still putting on my shoes!"

I'm playing "Cassette Tape Classic Rock"

Student:"Oooooooh, my grandma loves this music."

Me: ::face palm:: You just failed this class!
fail him if he can’t tell you what an 8 track is.

I recently found a radio station that I like and listen to when I'm not listening to an audiobook in the car. I did my own facepalm when I heard their tagline: "Classic hits". Their definition of classic hits is the music of my youth. NO! It's supposed to be Beatles and Rolling Stones and Beach Boys - things like that. NOT Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, etc.!

A station I grew up listening to, KRTH, also known as K-Earth, that always played oldies, 50’s and 60’s, now plays oldies from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s.

A station I grew up listening to, KRTH, also known as K-Earth, that always played oldies, 50’s and 60’s, now plays oldies from the 70’s, 80’s, and 90’s.

I have yet to find a radio station here in Florida that I'm interested in listening to. You can find plenty of top forty country stations (which all sound alike), many religiously-themed talk show stations, and lots of Spanish language stations playing Latin music. I did find one station playing contemporary "rock".

I'm not at all interested in any of those. One would think that, with the age of the local population, there'd be demand for a station playing 50s and 60s rock and roll. I have yet to find any.

I don't want to pay for satellite radio, so I just end up not listening to anything in the truck....

I have yet to find a radio station here in Florida that I'm interested in listening to. You can find plenty of top forty country stations (which all sound alike), many religiously-themed talk show stations, and lots of Spanish language stations playing Latin music. I did find one station playing contemporary "rock".

I'm not at all interested in any of those. One would think that, with the age of the local population, there'd be demand for a station playing 50s and 60s rock and roll. I have yet to find any.

I don't want to pay for satellite radio, so I just end up not listening to anything in the truck....

Set up a free Pandora station with a few artists you like. They'll take it from there. If you want to use phone data you can listen to that station in your truck.

This sounds promising, but I have no idea how to do it....

Here's where you start:
https://www.pandora.com

Select Pandora Free.
Create an account with your email and a password.
Give them a little demographic info and you're in business.
Set up a "Station" by choosing music or an artist.
Listen.
Every 3 or 4 songs you'll get a commercial or two, just like broadcast radio. That's what the demographics are for.
They will use your "seed" selection of music or artist and expand offerings. You give the music thumb up or down. Soon you'll have a pretty wide selection of music, most of which you'll like. I started with "Jake Shimabukuru". Pandora gave me other Hawaiian artists and music, then added acoustic guitar and some Basque and flamenco music. I'm a Gypsy Kings fan so that's OK. Anything I thumb-down I don't hear again.

Give it a shot.

Last edited:
If you have an unlimited data plan or are willing to use data that way you can use it in your truck.

Thanks for the info, TSM. Forgive my ignorance, but I have questions.

I presume you mean that I set up the Pandora account on my phone? I searched all the screens on my truck radio, and found nothing regarding to Pandora. I'm pretty sure my wife's car has a Pandora option you can select on the radio.

If the account goes on my phone, how do I get the music into my truck's radio? I'm so techno-stupid. I've never streamed anything before....

Thanks for the info, TSM. Forgive my ignorance, but I have questions.

I presume you mean that I set up the Pandora account on my phone? I searched all the screens on my truck radio, and found nothing regarding to Pandora. I'm pretty sure my wife's car has a Pandora option you can select on the radio.

If the account goes on my phone, how do I get the music into my truck's radio? I'm so techno-stupid. I've never streamed anything before....

You can use the same account on your computer, tablet, or phone. Phone & tablet need an app. On your computer it runs through a webpage. In your truck connect with Bluetooth or USB cable. But with limited data you probably don’t want to do that. You could play music you’ve saved on your phone.

Set up a free Pandora station with a few artists you like. They'll take it from there. If you want to use phone data you can listen to that station in your truck.

I thought of that but he might not have a smart phone?

I also thought if they are Amazon Prime members you can play music with wifi or your data on your phone or download play list for off line from Amazon Music. Also if you are a member you can do the same with the Kindle Fire Tablet.

I'm working on a 7 inch Fire tablet right now. I also have a 10 inch Fire tablet. I can watch Hulu, Netflix and with Prime all the Prime videos and movies. Of course as I mentioned Amazon Music and the Pandora app. It's a lot of bang for the bucks.

Top Bottom