::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Used up all my cellular data, and won't get more until Friday. WiFi is so poor that I wonder if this post will go through....

So, 5th period.

It's been nice for the last couple of weeks because my biggest PITA student has been suspended and the other kids are more manageable when they don't have to posture for the PITA.

Today, I went to the bathroom and noticed a few patrol cars in our parking lot. Five minutes after the start of class one of the deans walks in and asks for the PITA and there are two officers in the hall waiting for him.

This kid has no chance at life.

Apparently he was selling drugs for his grandfather on campus. Some kid stiffed him and grandpa came down at lunchtime to the McDonalds on the corner and roughed up a 14 year old kid. Gossip has it that grandpa is on the run (just recently got out of prison) and now PITA is most likely on his way to juvie. According to the kids, mom is a mess (drugs) and dad has never been in the picture.

I had another kid with similar Homelife in the past but he was a model student/citizen in spite of his circumstances. Scholarship to UC Davis. I wonder what the difference is?

So, 5th period.

It's been nice for the last couple of weeks because my biggest PITA student has been suspended and the other kids are more manageable when they don't have to posture for the PITA.

Today, I went to the bathroom and noticed a few patrol cars in our parking lot. Five minutes after the start of class one of the deans walks in and asks for the PITA and there are two officers in the hall waiting for him.

This kid has no chance at life.

Apparently he was selling drugs for his grandfather on campus. Some kid stiffed him and grandpa came down at lunchtime to the McDonalds on the corner and roughed up a 14 year old kid. Gossip has it that grandpa is on the run (just recently got out of prison) and now PITA is most likely on his way to juvie. According to the kids, mom is a mess (drugs) and dad has never been in the picture.

I had another kid with similar Homelife in the past but he was a model student/citizen in spite of his circumstances. Scholarship to UC Davis. I wonder what the difference is?

Is there an opportunity to make a point of this future to the other kids in the class?

Is there an opportunity to make a point of this future to the other kids in the class?

I think most of the kids know his route isn't going anywhere.

From what I hear in class most have been friends since kiindergarten, my fab five anyhow.

It sounds like a good lesson, but the teacher may be restricted and not be able to speak about an ongoing situation.

Just a thought.

Boy, finally found my way back here. I knew I should have made that left turn at Albuquerque.

We have flooding here. So much for the snow we were supposed to get - we got urban flooding instead.

Urban flooding... Is that flooding that has skinny pants, a styled beard and mustache, and wonders if its being creative enough?

Rural flooding would come with cousins Cooter and Bufford, and an assortment of unique items found along the way.

Be glad you have urban flooding.

Bunker-scope and bunker-radar show snow at higher elevations.

Might have to get the dog-sled ready again.

Jon makes fun of you if you use an umbrella.

Years ago there was a great commercial for Oregon higher education. It showed commencement. It's raining and students are walking across the stage in their caps and gowns, smiling, and getting their diplomas. Then all of a sudden everything stops. Music stops. People stop moving. And everyone stares at the next student in line. They are holding an umbrella. The student gets a surprised look, closes their umbrella and puts it down, and everything starts back up continues as it should.

Bunker-scope shows that flurries have started outside.

Yay snow!

Snow squalls are fascinating. Above freezing and then out of nowhere wind and near whiteout conditions. Then poof. It's over.

Top Bottom