::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Well, just bought a crazy expensive carseat for the grandbaby. Hope it's the last one he ever needs. Merry Christmas.

I'm supposed to be going to see the niece in the nutcracker ballet today. I'm not.

I'm blaming it on being so sneezy, but really I just don't want to.

This week is a big week for mending around here. Spouse lost the seam from his crotch to knee at work, and stapled his pants to last most of the day. Then yesterday I went to work and realized midway through the day that my ankle hem had cut loose on my pants, and I had a little hole in my sweater.

Funny how things happen all at once. Fortunately, all fixable. Repair-able? Reparable?

reparable - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/reparable
Reparable is a close relative of its more common synonym repairable (both basically mean “able to be repaired"). The word reparable, though, is usually reserved for damages or injuries that can be reversed or losses that can be replaced, while the word repairable is more for things or problems that can be fixed.

Well, just bought a crazy expensive carseat for the grandbaby. Hope it's the last one he ever needs. Merry Christmas.

Till he gets booster. Or they say car seats expire in 5 yrs and you stilll need it. We used seats that were given to us by a friend along with a clip and go stroller...I am sure we should have got new ones but my kids survived. Now Summer enjoys riding up front.

Till he gets booster. Or they say car seats expire in 5 yrs and you stilll need it. We used seats that were given to us by a friend along with a clip and go stroller...I am sure we should have got new ones but my kids survived. Now Summer enjoys riding up front.

AND now that’s questionable about height and weight but we are shy by less then inch

This one is the Graco 4 in one, it converts to booster. Lasts 10 years.

AND now that’s questionable about height and weight but we are shy by less then inch

The rules were so much different when I was a mom. I remember my ex getting quite irritable about my perfectly-legal-at-the-time choices as far as when to move to the booster, etc. He was right, but we all lived through it.

The rules were so much different when I was a mom. I remember my ex getting quite irritable about my perfectly-legal-at-the-time choices as far as when to move to the booster, etc. He was right, but we all lived through it.

My kids were never in a car seat, 40 or so years ago. Thank goodness there wasn't a problem. Living a charmed life, I guess.

Site froze me out so I couldn’t post until now. It’s been a busy day. I have seen the Pacific Ocean. I have beheld the SF skyline. I have visited scenes from my youth.

The SalesForce tower is a detestable enormity which should never have been built and must be removed at once.

My kids were never in a car seat, 40 or so years ago. Thank goodness there wasn't a problem. Living a charmed life, I guess.

I do not recall ever being in a car seat either.
What's more, I recall hardly wearing a seatbelt when I was a kid either.
When I was small my mom drove a Corvette.
My older brother in the passenger seat and I sat on the parcel shelf between the seats.
In about 1978 I think, so me being 11, mom got a used 450SL. There was no actual rear seat, just a flat area behind the driver and passenger seats where I would usually sit kind of sideways with my knees up by my chest. Often with the top down. Yeah, different times.

Ironically when my mom remarried in 1982, the man she married drove an identical 450SL, same color even.
My brother got a Toyota pickup. And then I eventually got my step-dad's hand-me-down 914.
So we had four two-seater cars.
It was comical when we all wanted to go out to dinner and had even just one other person with us, we would have to take at least three cars.

My dad had a karmen Ghia and we lived in Staten island. It was a snowy icy day out and my mom was telling my dad how bad this area was ...like that the road turned and we went straight....right off the road about 50 yd into a tree. My little sister was I. The middle and would up in the front t from inpact. She must have been 3 or so. But non of us had belts on ....also I am sure the windows were up and they both smoked too.

James prefers the backseat. When he first reached legal size for riding up front he was excited but now he’d rather ride in back with his chargers, books and some toys.

Site froze me out so I couldn’t post until now. It’s been a busy day. I have seen the Pacific Ocean. I have beheld the SF skyline. I have visited scenes from my youth.

The SalesForce tower is a detestable enormity which should never have been built and must be removed at once.

Agreed.

That thing is ugly!

No car seats here either. I remember being carried in people’s laps.

Used to ride in the back of the truck all the way through and a few years past high school.

Top Bottom