::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It's freezing up here in NorCal.

39*F right now. I blame the fires. The sun is blocked out by the smoke and we're 300 miles away. They almost cancelled school today. The AQI was 187 this morning but it's supposed to get a bit better because the winds are supposed to shift today.

It's 30 degrees here and I just finished shoveling the drive and patio. It was a bit wet and heavy. I got my cardio this morning. No more snow for a while please.

It's 30 degrees here and I just finished shoveling the drive and patio. It was a bit wet and heavy. I got my cardio this morning. No more snow for a while please.

I've only shoveled snow once in my life. Vacationing at a friends cabin in Tahoe so I shoveled his driveway after getting snow off of the roof (it was pretty deep). That had to be twenty years ago because today I'd probably collapse after a couple of passes.

Hope you get to warm up and relax the rest of the day!

I've only shoveled snow once in my life. Vacationing at a friends cabin in Tahoe so I shoveled his driveway after getting snow off of the roof (it was pretty deep). That had to be twenty years ago because today I'd probably collapse after a couple of passes.

Hope you get to warm up and relax the rest of the day!

Outside temp isn't going much warmer. We are in a period below normal temp. Average high is near fifty degrees.
All the fires might be effecting the jet stream. Pushing it north by the west coast and then it falls and bringing the Canadian air down on the middle of the country. Maybe, just a guess?

Seriously, what is it with Disney parks and those turkey legs? Disney World is the same way. Everywhere you look there are smoked turkey legs for sale. ... and Funnel Cakes.

I've never seen a funnel cake at a Disney park. When I think of turkey legs and funnel cakes I think of the state fair, not Disney.

No! Not the turkey soup debacle!

Let’s make fun of Don, he can’t see to read it.

My busy day just got changed up. I had to cancel working the college day. Late last night one of my cats jumped from above the kitchen cupboards to the floor. Pretty sure he broke a bone in his foot. I spent all night keeping him calm. Taking him to the vet as soon as they open.

Now I’m extra tired.

I was up until 4:00 a.m. finishing a paper for a class. The bad news is that I'm dead tired this morning. The good news is I'm done with that class! Only one more short paper and discussion to participate in for my other class and then I'm free until the beginning of January!

We make pot pies. I boil the carcass down to get every last bit of goodness.

I did that last year.

Went to my classroom where I have space and made a bunch of turkey pot pies. I made them in paper bowls and gave them to family as a trial run. As I get older I'm finding more occasions where friends/family get in a situation where they can't shop/cook full meals etc. I can drop these off and they can just heat them in the oven or even toaster oven for a quick meal.

Bacon Diet? I'd be on board if it weren't for the salt thing.

Congratulations on 212lbs!!!!

I'm still at 225lbs but at least I haven't gained any back. Going to start journaling my food again. That seems to help me keep on track better.

Hey Gary - I was thinking this just yesterday for some reason. Do you get to add salt back into your diet at some point or are you doomed to bland?

The temperature is about 30*, and the pond out back is beginning to freeze over. We're expecting a snow storm tonight, bringing 5 to 10 inches of heavy, wet snow.

The current weather conditions at our apartment in Florida....76* and partly cloudy.

I think I'll take Florida, especially this time of year! We leave three weeks from today....

Hey Gary - I was thinking this just yesterday for some reason. Do you get to add salt back into your diet at some point or are you doomed to bland?

I haven't asked but the cardiologist says I shouldn't have more than the RDA with is 2g. I've been trying to stay close to that with an occasional lapse in judgement.

I've gotten used to it and I can really taste when something is salted now. I'm actually starting to appreciate the "true" taste of the food I'm eating. I haven't eaten Korean BBQ or Mexican or Chinese food since August now. Mexican was my least favorite and now it seems to be what I crave most. Two days ago I made tacos that were salt free but cooked two batches and salted the batch for James and Mika. James had eight of them! I do that with meat and other things now. I cook two batches and salt one. We've also cut down on eating out because I got tired of salads with balsamic vinegar and steamed veggies for my entree. The only Korean food I've had is bi bim bap with tofu instead of the seasoned meat it usually comes with. My local place also leaves out the pickled vegetables for me and adds more fresh.

But yeah, bland is my new normal.

I was up until 4:00 a.m. finishing a paper for a class. The bad news is that I'm dead tired this morning. The good news is I'm done with that class! Only one more short paper and discussion to participate in for my other class and then I'm free until the beginning of January!

Nice break! I’m so glad you are pursuing your dream. That makes my heart happy.

Penny and I took the cat in. She ex-rayed his foot, nothing is broken. So he strained or sprained something, since he can’t tell us where it hurts we don’t know which. He’s on pain meds and we’re keeping him contained to a room.

Last night I was sure something was broken he was in so much pain.

Penny and I took the cat in. She ex-rayed his foot, nothing is broken. So he strained or sprained something, since he can’t tell us where it hurts we don’t know which. He’s on pain meds and we’re keeping him contained to a room.

Last night I was sure something was broken he was in so much pain.

Poor kitty. I wouldn't mind getting a cat but my place is so small I don't have the space for a litterbox. When I was single I had two cats I rescued from a winery. They pretty much had their own room and I even built "runners" up high on the walls around the house for them. The little neighbor girl used to come over to play with them and when they moved I let her take them. I heard they pee'd all over the place and tore up the furniture. Guess they didn't want to leave.

Top Bottom