::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Oh how cool for her.

Simple things like that can makes girls all giddy. It’s wonderful.

All three of those guys are large men.
I took a picture of her with Peps and sent it to her.
I hear her at home looking at it

LOOK at his HAND JEEZ it's HUGE!
hahaha
Ok now I guess I need to post the picture...

Here is Nanilei and Laupepa Letuli, aka "Pepa" or "Peps"
9MSa6US.jpg

I just gave away my upright piano. It needed to happen, but I still hate to do it. Selling old pianos is impossible in this market. Some people PAY to have someone come and take it away.

I paid hundreds of $$ to have all of the mechanicals completely rebuilt, and have all of the paperwork to show that. Even so, I couldn't find a buyer to give me even $200 for it.

Luckily, it's going to a good home. The Open Door Mission bought an old convent building from the Catholic church down the street. They have re-habbed the building to use as a shelter for women and children, and take possession of it tomorrow. Since the building was once a convent, it has a chapel. That's where my piano is going.

The lady who came to see the piano today seems genuinely excited. She can't wait to hear the piano played at services and Christmas programs, etc. She's going to contact us next week, and arrange for a professional piano mover to come and get it.

She's also going to call the same piano tuner that I have used, and have it all tuned up after its been moved.

So.....love that it's getting a good home where it will be played and loved, but, sad to see it go....

I just gave away my upright piano. It needed to happen, but I still hate to do it. Selling old pianos is impossible in this market. Some people PAY to have someone come and take it away.

I paid hundreds of $$ to have all of the mechanicals completely rebuilt, and have all of the paperwork to show that. Even so, I couldn't find a buyer to give me even $200 for it.

Luckily, it's going to a good home. The Open Door Mission bought an old convent building from the Catholic church down the street. They have re-habbed the building to use as a shelter for women and children, and take possession of it tomorrow. Since the building was once a convent, it has a chapel. That's where my piano is going.

The lady who came to see the piano today seems genuinely excited. She can't wait to hear the piano played at services and Christmas programs, etc. She's going to contact us next week, and arrange for a professional piano mover to come and get it.

She's also going to call the same piano tuner that I have used, and have it all tuned up after its been moved.

So.....love that it's getting a good home where it will be played and loved, but, sad to see it go....

We gave our old piano to our old church (before the badness happened). They were delighted to get it, too. I wonder what happened to it now that the church exists no longer...

When you can't take things with you, it's nice to know they are being put to good use. I had a similar experience with one of those giant old rear-projection TVs. I tried to donate it and absolutely nobody would take it. I ended up paying Best Buy $50 to haul it away. When the guys came to get it, one of them said "Would it be okay if I kept this set?" I said, sure, I'm throwing it away, do whatever you want with it. He beamed, and told me he had set up a little clubhouse for his kids in his garage, and they would be thrilled to have a big tv like that. It made me happy to know that the tv had moved from being junk to being something that would make kids smile.

My wife sent a letter to the management of our apartment in Florida, where we will be moving from our original apartment into a larger one in a few short weeks.

She was requesting that items A, B, and C be permitted to happen.

I just took a call from their office. Neither A, B, nor C will be happening.

Now I've got to be the one to tell her, knowing that she'll be pi$$ed (can't say as I blame her, much). The management can be jerks, sometimes, apparently without having to work real hard at it....

I love that the piano's story will continue.

Top Bottom