::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

It’s a quarter of 11 and it’s still about 85. And humid. Yes, we turned on the a/c this heat wave.

Mrs Pere's father had a fall and spent a few days in the hospital before being returned to memory care. Her mother managed to back her car up with the door open, catching it on the garage door frame and needing major car repair. She drives like a madwoman too. I'm starting to reconsider the wisdom of moving down to Phoenix. It makes us the family "first responders".

Well...join the club? I do sometimes get irritated with my out-of-town siblings for not being here to help. Irrational thought, of course, but when my mom's in a bad place and confusing me with my brother or, as has happened several times, my father, it is an emotional lead weight that I can hardly bear. Put your arms around each other and hold each other up when needed. I know I couldn't do it without Sheryl by my side.

He's another husky owner, so he knows the drill. I need to drop him off some cookies next week.

Hudson only got away a couple times. Once he really roamed far. I got a call once, "Hey Jon - it's Fred, your mailman. I found Hudson a couple blocks down - what should I do with him?"

Fred was the BEST MAILMAN EVER (apologies, Don). I sure miss him.

Hudson only got away a couple times. Once he really roamed far. I got a call once, "Hey Jon - it's Fred, your mailman. I found Hudson a couple blocks down - what should I do with him?"

(Oh - Fred knew Hudson, so he recognized him right off. Hudson's tag had our cell phone numbers on it, so that's how Fred knew how to call me.)

Hahahaha, that's literally husky life in a sentence. They're notorious escape artists. This is actually Ivy's first adventure and we've had her almost a year.

The other times Hudson escaped were just into the neighbor's yard next door. We'd just have to shake a bag of Doritos and he'd come running.

Went to home Depot yesterday and got a weed eater, pruning saw with 12ft extension and vent for the kiln. It was a good day.

I really need to buy a part for my weed eater. I am having a hard time tracking it down, but I don't want to buy a whole new one.

More than two sniffles in a day?

I’m a teacher. We don’t even pee until a bell says it’s okay. This will take some getting used to.

Definitely something to devote some conscious thought to. Maybe set up some guidelines with Mika to where she makes the call? Todd does a lot of "from what you're showing/telling me, it's time to X". It's very helpful to have outside perspective.

And, I can't even explain it right! If the object only got tipped on two axis, one pair of opposite sides would still be squares. All sides need to be diamond shaped, so it needs to be tipped 30 degrees on each of its three axis....

What's this geometric marvel FOR?

We went to a dinner at a local church tonight. We each had a generous helping of pulled pork, served with or without bbq sauce and a bun. Sides of boiled salt potatoes, Cole slaw, corn, and applesauce, a cornbread muffin, plus a drink and a brownie for dessert.

All for $10 each. I wish we could do this once a week!

Sounds fab! We have a lot of pancake breakfasts around here. You could probably set up a good rotation if you looked at all the area churches!

With Tasha and Vinnie we had some overnight absences. Ivy, thank God, isn't one to rush an open door. Our house is fairly dog proof - every exit is an airlock system if you want it to be. 5 foot fence with chicken wire and concrete around the perimeter. There's just this one place where the fence comes together with the sunroom that spouse built a thing to fill the gap - and I never knew it was just set there, not screwed in. And it wasn't a problem for years and years! I guess she just nosed it the right way. It's bolted in now.

The other times Hudson escaped were just into the neighbor's yard next door. We'd just have to shake a bag of Doritos and he'd come running.

My old pack would head for the creek a couple miles away.

I find that ONE escapee is fairly easy to retrieve. But when more than one gets out they egg each other on. Thank God Hugo didn't follow. He could have. Dobby couldn't have made the jump and fit thru the gap easily without multiple tries, and he tires easily.

Top Bottom