::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

This is what I see just now:

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (2 members and 0 guests)
PereBourik*

The asterisk by your name means your account is set so that others can't see whether you are online or not. You are invisible to the rest of us.

For father's day Sheryl and the girls and I went to the Bonneville fish hatchery after church (Ben joined us for breakfast and dinner). It's a beautiful place - lovely grounds and several ponds with fish in them just for the visitors to enjoy. One of the ponds has several sturgeon in it, including Herman the Sturgeon who is well over 10 feet long. Two of the others have huge rainbow trout in them that you can feed (food available for purchase). You can also visit the working part of the hatchery and see all the fingerlings in the rearing ponds - they'll be released into the Columbia River this fall.

We went to a new German restaurant for dinner - pretty good, though I think I prefer our old favorite (the one Don, Soo, TKO, and I went to for dinner several years ago!). They're owned by the same people, so the food is the same - the new one is more of a beer hall atmosphere (more casual), while the older one is quieter and more of a traditional restaurant.

When we got home we watched Zootopia, which was a gift from the girls (I also got Tangled). I love Disney animation...

Sheryl got me a Pitmaster IQ 120 - it's a gadget that fits into the intake vent on my Akorn grill/smoker - it manages the airflow to keep the smoker at a specific temperature for as long as I need. The Akorn does a great job with low temperature cooking, but I've always needed to stay close to manage the vents and maintain temperature. This gadget will do all that for me. Brisket, here I come!

Boat was full yesterday.
I played for what felt like nearly an hour, and realized afterwards there were a couple of songs I know I did not play!
I tried my jazzy Quando Quando Quando and second verse I just drew a complete blank, hummed a few bars, and dove back in.
The usual panic and dread and profuse sweat that accompanies such moments never happened.
I laughed and said whoops got lost there for a second and the lady sitting next to me smiled and said you're doing great!

The folks really seem to enjoy it.
I do too!

Last night I showed Nanilei a video of Dead & Company fronted by John Mayer.
Nanilei is a big John Mayer fan.
I must admit I was a little reluctant to embrace him playing with the boys, I mean I know he is amazingly talented but it seemed like it would just be John Mayer covering the Dead.
I could not be more wrong.
He does a great job.
Anyway after that video, as it was streaming from YouTube, this little (well it was actually close to 30 minutes) video of John Mayer "practicing" for his Dead & Company gigs - he actually talked to the camera and broke down what he was doing, how he was learning the songs, and it was like he blew my mind open.
I picked up my ukulele, and was playing along a bit with the changes, how he was showing us what he was doing, and it was incredible.
He makes it look so easy, but he also showed that he is human, and practice makes it better, it was an inspiration.

Really really cool stuff.

I am forcing myself to go beyond strum & sing.

Jon, me and the kids went to that hatchery years ago on one of our first voyages north. Loved it there and remember Herman. Beautiful grounds.

Last night I showed Nanilei a video of Dead & Company fronted by John Mayer.
Nanilei is a big John Mayer fan.
I must admit I was a little reluctant to embrace him playing with the boys, I mean I know he is amazingly talented but it seemed like it would just be John Mayer covering the Dead.
I could not be more wrong.
He does a great job.
Anyway after that video, as it was streaming from YouTube, this little (well it was actually close to 30 minutes) video of John Mayer "practicing" for his Dead & Company gigs - he actually talked to the camera and broke down what he was doing, how he was learning the songs, and it was like he blew my mind open.
I picked up my ukulele, and was playing along a bit with the changes, how he was showing us what he was doing, and it was incredible.
He makes it look so easy, but he also showed that he is human, and practice makes it better, it was an inspiration.

Really really cool stuff.

I am forcing myself to go beyond strum & sing.

My wife won tickets for Mayer with dead and co. But we are gonna be at the beach.....

Phew!
I thought maybe I would miss the Sakuma festival this year (and Gary, Mika, and James) as I will be in California, but I get back the Thursday before.

Top Bottom