::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Premier League Chelsea v Newcastle on tv. Colts and Chiefs later on. That is, if the Benadryl doesn't conk me out (which is what I'm hoping will happen).

My principal sent out this tip for getting to sleep. He said to count from 300 backwards by 3's. He said he's only got to zero once in his life and he's been doing it since he was in college.

I don't really have trouble falling asleep but I've been trying it out of curiosity. The first couple of nights I actually stayed up longer because I kept doubting the math and starting over. What I've learned since is that I have zero focus. Somewhere along the way I lose focus and have these weird random thoughts that have absolutely nothing to do with the task at hand. And then I start trying to figure out how I started thinking about those topics.

I think what's happening is that I'm starting to fall asleep but sort of dreaming too and then my brain remembers I was supposed to be counting and I get out of the dream state and start counting all over again.

My principal is stupid!

I have type 1 narcolepsy....so... I never have issues sleeping. But there was a short phase in my 20's where I did and it went opposite for a while. It was really odd.

Last edited:
I have type 2 narcolepsy....so... I never have issues sleeping. But there was a short phase in my 20's where I did and it went opposite for a while. It was really odd.

I mean type 1. I hate this phone. I have type 1 narcolepsy. I will go back and edit now.

I am doing a whole lot of nothing. The colts game is bittersweet for me. Long story. But all my people i have surrounded myself with are going to watch it...with my exboyfriend....who sends me mixed messages. A chiefs win will kind of make me smile. Lol. Just kidding. Kinda.

It looks like it went that way.

My principal sent out this tip for getting to sleep. He said to count from 300 backwards by 3's. He said he's only got to zero once in his life and he's been doing it since he was in college.

I don't really have trouble falling asleep but I've been trying it out of curiosity. The first couple of nights I actually stayed up longer because I kept doubting the math and starting over. What I've learned since is that I have zero focus. Somewhere along the way I lose focus and have these weird random thoughts that have absolutely nothing to do with the task at hand. And then I start trying to figure out how I started thinking about those topics.

I think what's happening is that I'm starting to fall asleep but sort of dreaming too and then my brain remembers I was supposed to be counting and I get out of the dream state and start counting all over again.

My principal is stupid!

If I'm a even a little bit tired it probably takes me less than ten seconds to go to sleep. So 300-297-294-291-28...

Oh! Good morning!

My principal is stupid!

Yeah, I don't think that'd work with me. Focusing on your breathing instead of thinking helps.

Yeah, I don't think that'd work with me. Focusing on your breathing instead of thinking helps.

I woke up at 3:00am for some reason this morning and I tried it again. I think it does the opposite for me because I start to get tired, my mind wanders and I start to think of random things instead of counting, but then all of a sudden I remember I was supposed to be counting and fully wake up again. :eek:)

I rarely, rarely have trouble getting to sleep but since my principal sent it out I thought I'd give it a try. Your breathing solution sounds good. On the rare occasion that I do have trouble sleeping I try to visualize all black in my mind. Complete darkness and like your breathing solution I'm blocking out other thoughts and I usually fall asleep quickly.

Im laying in bed again today. Watching tv. I needed to skow down and rest. It has been a nice weekend of food, sleep and tv. Naomi has enjoyed the snow and video games.

Doing math to help you fall asleep? Why would I want to ever do that? Oh hell no!

Top Bottom