::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Every now and then I see a small eggshell (or half an eggshell) in the back yard and think, "awww, a baby bird just hatched."
Well this morning while walking to TheBusStop I saw a mynah bird eating a raw egg of the same size.
Well that ruins that.

Sitting in church yesterday I saw a crow perch on one of the crosstrees of the cross in the courtyard outside the sanctuary. I like crows. It had something in its beak. It proceeded to chow down on the carcass of a little bird while sitting on the cross. There has to be sermon material in there somewhere.

I saw a truck tire blow out in front of me. The guy almost crashed. It was an amazing save.

My sister and I and all our kids (this was a long time ago - it was just me and Ben then) were driving to Spokane for a visit with our other sister. One of the tires on the semi in front of us delaminated - the huge chunk of tread came flying back at us while we were going 70. Jodi did a fantastic job missing the debris. SCARY! I hate retreads on big trucks - they save a lot of money I'm sure, but you see chunks of them everywhere.

Sitting in church yesterday I saw a crow perch on one of the crosstrees of the cross in the courtyard outside the sanctuary. I like crows. It had something in its beak. It proceeded to chow down on the carcass of a little bird while sitting on the cross. There has to be sermon material in there somewhere.

It's a bird eat bird world out there.

My sister and I and all our kids (this was a long time ago - it was just me and Ben then) were driving to Spokane for a visit with our other sister. One of the tires on the semi in front of us delaminated - the huge chunk of tread came flying back at us while we were going 70. Jodi did a fantastic job missing the debris. SCARY! I hate retreads on big trucks - they save a lot of money I'm sure, but you see chunks of them everywhere.

I was lucky with the blow out. I was probably 1/4 mile behind it. One car hit the center divide trying to avoid the fish-tailing trailer and another caught a huge chunk of tire in the grill/hood of the car.

I've been feeding crows everyday for the past few weeks, there is a broken tree between our house and the chicken coop. It has a diagonal trunk that sits off the ground about 4 -5 feet. Every morning when I go open the chicken house, I put something out for the crows. After a few weeks, they now wait for me in the morning and are a little less wary. I'm easily amused.

I've been feeding crows everyday for the past few weeks, there is a broken tree between our house and the chicken coop. It has a diagonal trunk that sits off the ground about 4 -5 feet. Every morning when I go open the chicken house, I put something out for the crows. After a few weeks, they now wait for me in the morning and are a little less wary. I'm easily amused.

One of my neighbors, a few actually, have walnut trees in their backyards. Every September a murder (is that correct?) of crows come around, take walnuts that have dropped and in turn drop them in the intersection near my house. When the lights are red they swoop in and pick up the walnuts and then fly away when the cars start approaching.

Pretty smart.

They are crazy smart. They have been seen using tools. It’s also been reported that if you feed them regularly some crows will bring you gifts, small bobles and shiny things.

Wow, I FB posts move faster than our poor thread now.

I guess it was fun while it lasted. I still appreciate the hos.

Top Bottom