::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

... hmmm, still no notification from the big shippers that a Thanksgiving dinner is being sent to the bunker.

Speaking of Thanksgiving dinner....our challenge this year will be to not over do it. There will only be the two of us. We can't make all the dishes we'd like to have, and expect to be able to eat it all.

Turkey, dressing, and gravy, for sure. Squash, and cranberry sauce, too. Mashed potatoes seem to be required. Might need to hold off on the yams, the jello, the green beans, the rolls, etc. Maybe only one or two kinds of pie, and small ones, rather than three or four big ones.

Funny, but I'm getting hungry....

Speaking of Thanksgiving dinner....our challenge this year will be to not over do it. There will only be the two of us. We can't make all the dishes we'd like to have, and expect to be able to eat it all.

Turkey, dressing, and gravy, for sure. Squash, and cranberry sauce, too. Mashed potatoes seem to be required. Might need to hold off on the yams, the jello, the green beans, the rolls, etc. Maybe only one or two kinds of pie, and small ones, rather than three or four big ones.

Funny, but I'm getting hungry....

I had turkey tacos at work with pretzel stuffing today....it was awesome.

We like different kinds, so we get the little pies. I think they might be about five inches in diameter? Not too much different than slices, I guess....

What's a standard size pie? 7 inches? 9 inches?

You should get slices of pie for dessert not a whole pie.

Cook a turkey breast instead of whole bird. I'm going to try to smoke a bunch of turkey legs to see how they turn out.

(otherwise I'll have to go to Disneyland for my fix)

Cook a turkey breast instead of whole bird. I'm going to try to smoke a bunch of turkey legs to see how they turn out.

Seriously, what is it with Disney parks and those turkey legs? Disney World is the same way. Everywhere you look there are smoked turkey legs for sale. ... and Funnel Cakes.

We will probably just cook a breast as this year.
Worked out well last year.
Still had plenty of food and leftovers, but did not have to break down, carve, and dispose of the carcass.

We just got invited to ANOTHER Thanksgiving - Nanilei's cousin.
It is a dilemma.
We like to just be lazy, stay home, do.our own thing.

We want to go to Corrine and Don's because they asked us and we like them ( and already agreed ).
We also want to go to Alika's because he throws good parties and has good food and fun company.
Nanilei's cousin is our only blood family on the island.

Dilemmas!

That's one solution. The problem is that I really enjoy the dark meat, too....

We will probably just cook a breast as this year.
Worked out well last year.
Still had plenty of food and leftovers, but did not have to break down, carve, and dispose of the carcass.

You do mean soup right?

Seriously, what is it with Disney parks and those turkey legs? Disney World is the same way. Everywhere you look there are smoked turkey legs for sale. ... and Funnel Cakes.

Disney learned it from county fairs.

Tired and grouchy. I’ve been working too much this week. Lots of massages, my regular hours at the school, plus a college career day at a high school. Have another tomorrow. And I’m taking a class MWF evenings. I don’t like working this much. I’m tired.

Top Bottom