::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Wow look at all the color on the weather map.
Another sleepless night of thunder?
Just got severe weather/flash floods alerts on phone and TV.

Sorry about her grandma. For your wife’s sake I hope she holds on until she can see her.

Wish it would rain here.

On my way home today Nanilei got a phone call from her mom to hurry up and get to California.
Grams is in hospice.
Changing flights will cost over $600 I don't have.
Hawaiian Airlines says make a medical emergency fee waiver request. Requires a form I must print out, sign, scan, and return to them.
No printer at the house (I work in tech, whatever I need to print I can print at work) gah now it has to wait until tomorrow.
Lots of anxiety around here.
We will likely apply some whiskey and take another crack at it tomorrow.
Probably fly out this weekend.
Mojo for Grams to hang in there please.
Aloha and love to you all.

In other news, we successfully obtained our second Shingles vaccinations, so we got that going for us.

Best outcome possible, and safe traveling.

Thanks for the reminder for my part two of the vaccine.

Wish it would rain here.

I looked up HB weather, and if I got the right info, it's like 63 degrees and a forecasted high of 68. (The Weather Channel Site) Is that right?

According to what I was told our low last night was supposed to be 69. And we are supposed to be up around 90 for a few days. We have been below average for quite a while. Now we have moved to above the average temp.

Wow look at all the color on the weather map.
Another sleepless night of thunder?
Just got severe weather/flash floods alerts on phone and TV.

2nd sunny day in a row here, people are high fiving each other in the streets! The rain was really getting depressing.

Yes, my fondness for Blur Bayou (and the Monte Cristo) have both faded, similar to Mr. Curtis' explication.

Favorite restaurant of the family we are traveling with.

They don’t cook and most of their meals are via door dash and grub hub. To them the meal was amazing.

The family we are traveling with usually does one or two days at Disneyland so they go hard-core and usually are there the whole time. We were able to purchase five-day passes for the price of two days of park admission. The first two days we did over 21K steps.

The kids are worn out (me too) and now they see why we usually go in the mornings until the crowds build, head back to the room for lunch and a nap and then head back out in the evening. We did that yesterday and their little guy did much better. We decided today was a much needed sleep-in day, but we’re about to head out to a character breakfast.

Favorite restaurant of the family we are traveling with.

They don’t cook and most of their meals are via door dash and grub hub. To them the meal was amazing.

I can't even imagine. For a while dinner at my sister's house was toast and whatever else you chose to browse from the fridge. We cook every night.

I can't even imagine. For a while dinner at my sister's house was toast and whatever else you chose to browse from the fridge. We cook every night.

My house is tiny, but if/when we remodel, the kitchen will dominate the house. Where a wall exists now will be an island with the stove and hood invading what is now our “dining room”. I basically want an open floor plan. I want to put a large pass through on the existing wall that is a structural support and put cabinets beneath that for more storage. I will work with someone on a design that makes sense to how/what I tend to cook.

The older kids wanted a break from the park so I happily volunteered to come back with them. 18K-23K steps a day is taking a toll on my knees and my calf that tightens up.

I won’t get a nap because they are playing video games but do get to lie down for awhile. Still a win!

Top Bottom