::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

32° in Phoenix this morning. 31° in Leavenworth, Kansas. The difference? They have ice & snow on the ground; we don't.

32° in Phoenix this morning. 31° in Leavenworth, Kansas. The difference? They have ice & snow on the ground; we don't.

It's 31 degrees here. We got a dusting of snow last night and then a little freezing rain on top of that. I just finished scraping off the driveway and the patio.

A happy birthday to Sister Lynn!

happy-birthday-lynn-166978-pin-by-rika-van-staden-on-birthdays-of-happy-birthday-lynn.jpg

Very pretty birthday wish. Thank you.

I agree, the liberal side of the aisle is always tough on itself. "Conservatives" seem to look to each other for support.

I had a meeting with one of our pastors yesterday. Okay, mostly it was just a bull session over drinks...but I asked him about his thoughts on issues in the denomination. He is not, by the way, a member of the denomination - I'm United Methodist, he is an Episcopal priest. Whatever. I was curious about his inside-outsider's view of this denomination's crisis. He had a really thoughtful comment.

He said that, while he is politically quite progressive, he finds it troubling that Portland, a very liberal city, has a huge homeless problem while much more conservative places like Salt Lake City have largely addressed the problem. He didn't offer any solutions - talk was pure politics by that time - but I found it really insightful. Why would a city that is supposedly on the human services end of the political scale have such a large homeless problem?

I had a meeting with one of our pastors yesterday. Okay, mostly it was just a bull session over drinks...but I asked him about his thoughts on issues in the denomination. He is not, by the way, a member of the denomination - I'm United Methodist, he is an Episcopal priest. Whatever. I was curious about his inside-outsider's view of this denomination's crisis. He had a really thoughtful comment.

He said that, while he is politically quite progressive, he finds it troubling that Portland, a very liberal city, has a huge homeless problem while much more conservative places like Salt Lake City have largely addressed the problem. He didn't offer any solutions - talk was pure politics by that time - but I found it really insightful. Why would a city that is supposedly on the human services end of the political scale have such a large homeless problem?

Interesting read, https://www.quora.com/Why-is-homele...on-than-in-Vancouver-BC-or-Seattle-Washington

I think Mr. Ellison landed right before we did.
We took a nice scenic tour of Lana'i, Kaho'olawe, Maui, and Molokai while we waited for 'another plane' to land.
When we landed I saw a shiny three-engine private jet that just landed.
Nice plane.
Really nice plane.
I guess if you own the island and the airline you can cut in line. :D

Vacation? Is this a school thing or personal time?

Executive Chef time.

... crud that could be construed as a political comment. And I swore never to say anything political on the forum. That was Sam the Eagle's job.

I hope your day was lovely and you treated yourself to something special Lynn.

Top Bottom