::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

My sauce, although there isn't much of it, tomato sauce with Italian seasoning a bit of cumin, garlic powder and a pinch of salt.

So, today was our meeting with the oncologist in Tampa to hear the results of my latest scans.

Best. Freakin'. News. EVER!!! He said I have had a "complete response" to the t-cell replacement therapy. I pressed him to define complete response, and he told us that I no longer have any detectable sign of the disease. Done. Gone. Not to be seen.

He showed us images of my last scan next to images of the previous one. The difference is like night and day. All of the cancer appears to be gone, leaving behind only benign scar tissue, which may disappear over time.

He also told us that the lymphoma had invaded my liver, which we had not heard before. He also said, for the first time, that had I not gotten into this t-cell program when I did, the cancer would have killed me within a few months.

Today may very well be one of the happiest days of my life....

OH. MY. GOD. Don, I am doing the happiest of happy dances! Keep working, little T-cells! Keep working!

So, today was our meeting with the oncologist in Tampa to hear the results of my latest scans.

Best. Freakin'. News. EVER!!! He said I have had a "complete response" to the t-cell replacement therapy. I pressed him to define complete response, and he told us that I no longer have any detectable sign of the disease. Done. Gone. Not to be seen.

He showed us images of my last scan next to images of the previous one. The difference is like night and day. All of the cancer appears to be gone, leaving behind only benign scar tissue, which may disappear over time.

He also told us that the lymphoma had invaded my liver, which we had not heard before. He also said, for the first time, that had I not gotten into this t-cell program when I did, the cancer would have killed me within a few months.

Today may very well be one of the happiest days of my life....

Ken's KFPTOY post made me realize that I need to do this:

JFPOAT

(Jon's favorite post of all time).

I remember Lawrence Welk being somewhere in there with Wild Kingdom and Disney.

Lawrence Welk was Saturday evenings. I would often spend the night at my grandparents' house on Saturday nights and pinch their toes when they would fall asleep to Lawrence Welk.

my kids are writing so I'm watching a Netflix documentary about tacos.

No sound of course, just reading the subtitles and hitting my space bar to pause when students walk up with questions.

Definitely having tacos for lunch!

I just ate an egg salad sandwich for lunch, with some celery sticks and a banana for "dessert"

Spaghetti and meatballs for dinner tonight!

No tacos

Went to a French dip place. Best I’ve ever had actually. Kid behind the counter was a former student. “I made you my special Mr. Yosh!”

Opened it up in my car and it looked good. He cut off the outside crust and grilled the bread inside and out. I know he thought he was doing me a solid, but he also piled on grilled onions and jack cheese. Ruined a sandwich with unnecessary stuff. The beef is smoked and really tender and the au jus is beefy with the perfect amount of smokiness, which you couldn’t taste with all the onions and cheese.

So sad.

Top Bottom