::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

Yeah, I know.
My husband loves umbrellas and vows to use one if we move there. Maybe he’ll start a trend.

When I worked for WaMu and had to go to Seattle for meetings, they all said umbrellas are useless when it comes at you sideways. And whether it is rain, snow, or sleet it is usually coming at you sideways in Seattle.

I remember being in a meeting and looking out the window. The meeting lasted about two hours.
In that time I saw rain blowing left, then snow blowing right, then hail bouncing off the window, then more rain swirling around, then back to snow. It was nuts.

It also made sense why there is a Starbucks on every corner. You don't even want to go across the street from whatever building you are currently in to get coffee! :D

The view out the window from the office where I am working today.
utBdsP4.jpg

When I worked for WaMu and had to go to Seattle for meetings, they all said umbrellas are useless when it comes at you sideways...

When I used to work in [city redacted] horizontal rain was common. You'd arrive at the commuter train and either the front or back side of you would be soaked through, and the other side would be bone dry. It was always better to have the front side soaked, then at least you had a dry seat for the train ride home.

Umbrellas quickly became shields deployed in front of you, or behind you, but it didn't matter you still got soaked.

It's because of that cousins Cooter and Bufford hit the work shed and came up with "Cooter & Bufford's Rain Shield".

You see the idea was that you could develop a product that was light, allowed easy movement, and didn't need a place to dry out when not in use.

That's where the plan failed.

It turns out that unlike bees wax used in Sno-Seal, etc. lard actually can go rancid and smell.

And they found out the hard way that people don't actually like to cover all their clothes in lard. Gotta hand it to them though. They really tried to hold on tight to that old man as they covered him in lard during the product demonstrations at the local mall, but he just kept shooting out from their grip and went sliding across the mall floor.

Bunker-scope shows that a family of mule-deer are walking round the area looking for food. A neighbor usually puts apples on the porch for the deer to eat. This time the deer were looking on the wrong porch.

But they could have also been looking through the windows of the house and discussing the finer points of early 20th century Bauhaus design principles.

Deer are funny that way.

Wow. That was a weird way to travel here. Sort of like being stretch like taffy.

My arrogant cardiac surgeon cancelled on me again yesterday.

It's like the third time it's happened. Yesterday must have been an emergency and not a tee time though. Did I tell you one time I waited for a little over an hour for him to show up? And I know he was at the golf course because there was a bit of mud and grass on the backs of his pant cuffs. Tell tale sign of golf.

I want to switch but he's the guy who operated on me and I figure I won't have to see him many more times because I sill have my regular cardiologist (who is very caring).

Made "buta no shogayaki" (ginger fried pork) last night.

Used pork loin.

Froze it for about 20-30 minutes, then sliced it from the end into thin round sheets.

Marinated in a marinade of soy sauce, saki, mirin, ginger, and garlic.

Cook quickly in a skillet/pan, and serve.

Very tasty.

Last edited:
Made "buta no shogayaki" (ginger fried pork) last night.

Used pork loin.

Froze it for about 20-30 minutes, then sliced it from the end into thin round sheets.

Marinated in a marinade of soy sauce, saki, miring, ginger, and garlic.

Cook quickly in a skillet/pan, and serve.

Very tasty.

That and Buta dofu are two of my favorite meals.

My son is on a shabu shabu kick. I am not going to take the time to make tonkotsu broth (Mika and James' broth of choice) but I am thinking about buying a frozen ramen and using the flavor packet to see how that works. They can even cook the ramen when they're done with all the other stuff.

That and Buta dofu are two of my favorite meals.

My son is on a shabu shabu kick. I am not going to take the time to make tonkotsu broth (Mika and James' broth of choice) but I am thinking about buying a frozen ramen and using the flavor packet to see how that works. They can even cook the ramen when they're done with all the other stuff.

We'll have to try the buta dofu.

Shabu shabu always sounds really good to me, but seems like a lot of work. I haven't found a source here for fresh Enoki mushrooms. Would have to order dry and then soak them.

We'll have to try the buta dofu.

Shabu shabu always sounds really good to me, but seems like a lot of work. I haven't found a source here for fresh Enoki mushrooms. Would have to order dry and then soak them.

You can substitute a "King Trumpet" mushroom. They have a similar flavor profile but a different texture. I sometimes use "Brown Beech" mushrooms as well.

I just ordered some instant tonkotsu broth.

Top Bottom