::Leader Board:: Ahnko Honu Takes The Lead Chapter 23!

I didn't know that.

Every food science book I've read only mentions gluten associated with wheat. I've read that soy sauce contains a small amount of gluten as well and figured it was something in the processing. Does soy have gluten too?

Soy does not. Soy sauce pretty much always does unless it is specifically labeled gluten free.

Something I will never be able to say while living in Silicon Valley.

It was originally a field with a low, boggy spot. Then it became a pond. Now it's getting quite a bit larger. I'll pop you a video on FB. Its growth fascinates me. It's eating trees. We have a beaver. I'm considering stocking it next year.

This morning I dropped off the "lost and found" items renters have abandoned. This load consisted of a baseball cap, frog shaped candle, dog water bowl, and a shoebox full of exotic spices and teas, found nestled in my pan cabinet. I also picked up our last month's payment from the rental management agency, which is just enough to cover our well repair this week. Money comes, money goes, and it flows like water. If you try to squeeze it too hard, it escapes through the cracks of your fingers.

Hugo and I then visited the farmer's market in Cable, where I bought some teal and aqua mittens that were upcycled from an old sweater. I got a sub-par chai latte from the Brick House coffee place, and met the minister of the church I think will be my church when we move here.

Today we worked on connecting the trails. As of the end of today's work, there's about 30 feet left to go. That will wait for another trip. Perhaps even for spring, as the next trip is deer season.

And stepkid just got her surrender letter and date. Oct 1 to Danbury, which is the prison from Orange is the New Black. She will turn 32 in prison, but at 33 she will be free and with us, so that's not too bad, considering.

Tonight we venture to Ashland, for Hugo's Pizza, namesake of my dog. Or is the younger entity the namesake of the older? I can't remember. Miscellaneous family members will assemble for "bullshitting", whatever that means.

Hugo's still has a CD jukebox, and a couple of aging arcade games. They used to have Deer Hunter but I believe that has been replaced. It reminds me of when I was a kid and Pizza Hut had the Pac Man tables. I'm not much for nostalgia but I wouldn't be mad if one of those turned up under a christmas tree one year.

Off we go. Enjoy the day, ho's.

Sounds positive and a bit exciting Freeda. Retirement plans sound like fun. The longer my hubby stays unemployed the more I just want to pull up stakes and move to Washington state now. The trees are calling me.

76BE89A4-D930-4549-B2B4-5E4B894262E4.jpg76BE89A4-D930-4549-B2B4-5E4B894262E4.jpg

Check out the cost of living where we’re living and where we plan to live.

Sounds positive and a bit exciting Freeda. Retirement plans sound like fun. The longer my hubby stays unemployed the more I just want to pull up stakes and move to Washington state now. The trees are calling me.

I would. Sell while the market is high and go someplace lovely.

WHAFF-les -> lotsa chores -> take cookies to MIL and chat for 40 minutes -> pool -> shower -> whisky -> make dinner.

Mrs Pere is looking at a Bog Island trip for later this year. We have points that will go poof if we don't use them.

Hugo and I went for a drive this morning. It's 4 restaurants, and the hairdresser's is for sale. I can't find the barber any more, and I must have hallucinated the coffee shop.

So the town consists of 4 restaurants and a church. Lord help me.

No liquor store? I thought that was mandatory.

I didn't know that.

Every food science book I've read only mentions gluten associated with wheat. I've read that soy sauce contains a small amount of gluten as well and figured it was something in the processing. Does soy have gluten too?

I don't think soy is but soy sauces do use it. There is a gluten free soy sauce even Rice Krispies uses a malt in it so even though it's rice they added wheat....

Only a few hours of summer left. Enjoy your weekend.

I actually like the autumn season. Light jacket weather, and cool crisp air.

Top Bottom